GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what this is? We think it's off a GT car or something. It's a RX6 model. You cant clearly make out the numbers on the tag as my camera isn't very good at close ups.

Any ideas are welcome.

James

·
Registered
426 Posts
IHI are a turbo manufacturer... have a look for their web site.

Blitz use them for some of their turbo kits...

hope that helps

·
Registered
520 Posts
Apexi sell the IHI RX6 Turbo in kits for the SR20DET, RB20, RB25 and RB26DETT. According to the Apexi website they should be good for 450hp each.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys

Thanks for your input. For some reason I didn't get an email telling me you'd replied! Was just about to post "oi, come on..help" !

Cheers

James

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Simon

It says RX6 on it!! Are they worth a lot? Do they normally come with their own manifolds as you can clearly see that ain't a normal garret T3 styleee flange!

·
Registered
520 Posts
I am guessing that Apexi simply modify IHI turbochargers in the same way that HKS modify Garrett turbos, so yours may or not be the Apexi version. Although both could be identical.

Apexi sell the turbo in a kit for the RB series engines that includes cast iron exhaust manifolds, so you'll need one of these.

I don't know about price, but they are roller bearing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If it was an Apexi version it would have an Apexi logo on the plate I reckon. Probably a logo cast into the compressor housing too. They sell many different versions with different power ratings.

As I understand it their power rating (of the Apexi versions) varies from roughly 450hp-650hp per turbo.

Pic of the RB20 turbo kit here, I think you can possibly buy an SUS manifold seperately.

·
Registered
130 Posts
James,

That is Mayur's turbo of the Daihatsu! Does he know you have dismanteled it of his car and then taken pictures off it?

He was telling me the other day how slow the Charade is running and now you have the explanation.

:D

I think you should fabricate it onto your 32!!

Tesh

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tesh

Shoosh! I was planning on telling him it's worth 50p so that I could swap it for a box of 20 chicken nuggets, then get him to fit it to my 32! ;)

But, yeah. He didn't know what it was so I posted it online for him :D

Now go tell him it's a knackered turbo off an industrial generator or something and it's worth 50p!

James

1 - 9 of 9 Posts