GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Hoping some fellow owners who've had warranty work completed to repair the dreaded issue of corrosion under / around R35 wings mirrors can assist.

Firstly, I'm hearing Nissan are fully aware of the problem / want to resolve it; such that any warranty claims made would result in door/s being replace instead of being repaired. Anyone able to confirm this / had their doors replaced?

Secondly, if you had doors replaced as a result of a warranty claim for corrosion under / around the wing mirrors. Did Nissan / Bodyshop reinstate the OEM stickers (VIN, Tyre Pressure, etc.) on the replacement doors?

Thanks for any responses, it's very much appreciated.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I’ve had mine done. Work carried out at Golds Garage in Crawley. Stuart good the owner is a GTR owner and good contacts with Nissan as he does a lot.
it’s a 12 year warranty. I also noticed some on inside of boot lid.
doors not replaced they get repaired and Nissan won’t pay for blending in of the wings with new paint.

·
Vendor
4,604 Posts
Stuart Gold @ Gold Motors is your man for the warranty work.

I think once you start to see the corrosion on the doors,boots and bonnets where the outer skins are crimped over then your doomed. Replacement panels would be the best long term solution but if you can buy some time with Nissan picking the bill up, then why not give it a go.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well had my doors repaired for the dreaded under wing mirror corrosion. However, further corrosion has now appeared at the top of one door and the bottom of both! Raised a warranty claim which has been rejected, despite the corrosion being the same as was honoured in the first claim; plus Nissan UK technician who carried out a 2nd inspection of the car (corrosion), advised the previous warranty work wasn't completed to Nissan specification!

Its simply unacceptable for Nissan to ignore such issues (especially when so many owners seem to have the same issues). As a result, raised the matter with the Motor Ombudsman, and pulling everything together for a small claims court action!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts