GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally starting work on my GTR, (after being off the road almost 3 years!), but really can't decide on a colour, I've got a few ideas but I'm after suggestions.

The main thing is I want to keep it a relatively dark colour.

Here's a few pics of what it was like before it came off the road:

I'm making a few changes but nothing that'll seriously change the look.

Alex B

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
what colour is that mate?

and also, am i right in thinking that i see this car at RK a few months back? but with different wheels and plate?

reason why i think its the same as it had the same kit and the same sorta paint colour:confused:

Greg

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
strange, looks alot like a aftermarket grey.

i would post up a pic of that other GTR but i dont wanna get in trouble, but it looked identical.:cool:

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
Might sound tacky, but dark aubergine used on Fords. It is basically black, but when the sunlight hits it it has a nice tint of purple to it, a watered down MP for waht of a better word?

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
Just for the record, i'm not saying there is anything wrong with your colour I was simply trying to help you choose a different colour.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just for the record, i'm not saying there is anything wrong with your colour I was simply trying to help you choose a different colour.
No worries, I like the colour, but having been in the custom painting trade for 10 years, (and dad for many years before that), I fancy something different and have never liked respraying a car the same colour, (loads of work for no change).

Any suggestions or ideas are welcomed.

Alex B

·
Registered
998 Posts

I like this orange colour alot...... spray the wheels hyper black with a polished lip - get in!!:squintdan

·
Super Moderator
15,891 Posts
Gets my vote too!

Other than that I'd go MPII or similar.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Only one decent colour :

BLACK

:p :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts