GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally starting work on my GTR, (after being off the road almost 3 years!), but really can't decide on a colour, I've got a few ideas but I'm after suggestions.

The main thing is I want to keep it a relatively dark colour.

Here's a few pics of what it was like before it came off the road:

I'm making a few changes but nothing that'll seriously change the look.

If anyones got pictures of R32 GTR's please post them up, there was a thread uup years ago with hundreds of pictures of modified R32's, does anyone know where it is?

Thanks
Alex B

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i really love the way it looks in the second picture (with the chick)

its a slightly greyish brownish colour and looks really JDM. paint it to look like that all the time!:thumbsup: easy as that:D

kev

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi, if you want a dark colour, paint it Porsche brown! I really dig that colour. It's outstanding and very classy at the same time

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
oooh that sounds sweet.
any pics of porsche brown?

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Check the old topic you made about this I posted up some Photoshops.

I personally think you should go yellow, same colour as the UK R34 one of the ladies on here owns (Sorry, if you're reading this i've forgot your username)

·
Super Moderator
16,093 Posts
Moi?:cool:

But I disagree tbh...I think 32s like darker colours!

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Moi?:cool:

But I disagree tbh...I think 32s like darker colours!
Yes you, sorry Toni :)

And I agree they like dark colours but check out the yellow 32 that's for sale on here at the minute, that looks absolutly amazing, I don't think a 33 could pull off yellow but a 32 + 4 definitely can in my books.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
why change the colour?? it looks really well there....
I've never enjoyed painting a car the same colour and it seems a shame to do all this work and have any choice of colour, then do it standard grey.

I really want to do it a House Of Kolor kandy, this is top of the list so far:

Alex B

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Check the old topic you made about this I posted up some Photoshops.

I personally think you should go yellow, same colour as the UK R34 one of the ladies on here owns (Sorry, if you're reading this i've forgot your username)
I completely forgot I'd already started a thread, I'll go have a look now! :)

Alex B

·
Registered
223 Posts
I personally wouldn't go with a Candy Red as its been done to death. I did see a Supra once with a really nice Astin Martin Dark Green paint job and it looked awesome. You should be able to look through the House of Kolor catalogue and pic out a couple favourites and have your painter spray a couple panels for you to see what it will look like.

What ever colour you choose, I hope the girl in the second pic is painting it so I can fly over and watch :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
It's already the best colour for a 32 in my opinion - Gun Metal Grey - choose the factory Nismo shade and just give it a deep lacquer shine it'll look great. I personally wouldn't go candy red as it's a bit old hat nowadays.

·
6,821 Posts
If I were you, I would go for these colours if you consider the following:

1) Want a classy , dark, cool looking colour, a colour that is not 100% show only, but also not racing scene broing . . .
- The opal dark mettalic Nissan GTR spec-V limited colour (you stay Nissan here)
- A dark grey with a bit of chrome inside, . .Nissan Essence concept car.
- A dark ocean blue mettalic with loads of clear lacker and two tone flip.

2) Want the full show and new looks, the new trend:
- Orange like the Zele R35 GTR
- Yellow mettalic like the Veilside Fortune NSX demo car
- Or a candy red like the one you have posted

3) You are really smart and now what is the nest trend:
- Get you car wraped for 1000pounds in carbon, matt or chrome or what ever . . it's cheaper, has more impact and when you are fed up, just take the film off. . . . and start over again.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not really fussed about the whole show thing, done it with work for long enough, I want a car I'm proud of that isn't 'faddy' or chavvy.

We've had a car in the brandywine kandy I posted and it looks stunning when applied right and clean.

Kandys won't really date, (provided it suits the car), as they've been around since the '60s so I'm not worried about that too much.

I have actually been thinking about just going for a more modern grey, this one caught my eye but I'm not sure how much of it is down to the lighting:

Alex B

·
Premium Member
6,279 Posts
Don't house of Kolor do a dark candy green? would look awsome on the R32 IMHO.

either that or the brandywine candy over a dark gold base would be very cool to.

Simon

edit

organic green :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts