GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently I was trapping on in my love machine and my revs started going weird, since this which was about two weeks ago my car hasn't got any pull, it ticks over nice and if I drive it normal it drives fine, but when I get to third gear or above and put the toe down the revs go mental!! revs go up rapid but I don't go anywhere, it sounds like I'm over reving my car, what the hells that about.

Please tell me that it isn't the turbo, in the name of Judahs nooooo:sadwavey:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure, it changes gear fine and I've never felt any different in the clutch pedal, if I boot it in second it still pulls but it's loosing power in the higher gears,

There is no smoke coming out of the back or anything, but it definatly is struggling.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
Clutch probably like moleman said, that's why the rev's go up but you go nowhere.

Clutch slip I reckon.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's in for a service at the end of this month so I'll tell em to take a look,

I've never heard a car do it before, the revs fly up then go back down to about 2 an a half then I start moving, slowly, would a slipping clutch cause a big difference in accelaration?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
it does sound like a very well worn clutch. simple to remedy. worlds better than a blown engine or turbos, which are the only things that break on my car :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a load off my shoulders, I took it to a garage near me and he was telling me it was definately a turbo and tried to get me to buy a HKS turbo off him, the t**t,

How much am I looking at to get a good clutch for my beast? and do any of you recommend any good garages in South Yorkshire where I could get my bloody HICAS fixed,

P.s does anyone else agree HICAS is SH1T

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kismetcapitan, I've just read over your last reply again, 600 bhp! sweet christ, can you post a picture of your motor?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts