GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have had my GT-R for about a year now and this problem has come up within the last few months.

Now im usually not one to take the car above say 6000rpm, pretty much as soon as the turbos have done there thing ill change gear. Of course now and then on the right road ill open her up.

The problem I have is the following after the turbos have finished working if I keep on accelerating after boost ill the car will sometimes stutter and ill get loud pops from the exhaust.

I did thik that it was something to do with the boost controller etc as I have messed around with duty settings and after that the car started to have these problems, so iv been running the car on the "factory default" setting on the boost controller which is "off" It does it alot more if I run on high boost setting "A" on the controller so to be safe im just keeping it off.

Now it only does it sometimes and not all the time, am I describing a "misfire" or could it simply be to do with the settings say on the boost controller?

Anyway its been bugging me for a while now so any feedback thanks very much in advance. It would just be nice once and a while to be able to really open here up, take full advantage of the rev rangce after boost without having to worry about the car being all jerky and making noises.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Coilpacks/plugs/MAFs perhaps. Description is a bit vague. Does it happen ony when hot? What boost is 'A' hetting?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coilpacks/plugs/MAFs perhaps. Description is a bit vague. Does it happen ony when hot? What boost is 'A' hetting?
Sorry vague I know, im not totally clued up with cars tbh but learning all the time.

Setting (A) I running 0.9 bar for high boost. I doesnt really make a difference if its hot tbh ill always let the car warm up and get to the ideal temp etc before ever putting my foot down or giving here some beans.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Possible it's over-fueling and just popping in the exhaust which would happen on overrun, if you take it over about 5000 rpm it's possibly dirty coil packs. Have you cleaned them since you have had the car ?

·
Registered
242 Posts
If your coil pack are orignal chances are they are dying, new coils and plugs, and check the plastic connections are fitting and staying plug into the coils as the loom connectors go brittle and fall apart in the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts