GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im new to this site from The Bahamas, i just got my first skyline R32 Gtst, i love i alot, but i have one problem, i was wondering if its a requirment for it to warm up in the morning because if it does not then the RPM does not go past 4000, i just want to know if thats a feature or if its a problem witht the car.
hope to get soem answers.. would really be thankfull for them., ill post some pics up as soon as i take some.;)

·
Registered
832 Posts
As far as I know it is perfectly normal. I had to early shift my first r32 gt-r when cold as I tended to sputter and pop a little right off the go. Then, like a switch, it would release itself. My current highly modded gt-r is even worse. I can't even drive it until the water temp is good and up there !!!!
Do your car a favor, and let it warm up before you drive it...Running it hard when it's cold is not good for the internals or the tubbies:thumbsup:

·
Registered
279 Posts
sorry not of much help but,

yeah warm it up or drive it normally to normal temps, then rev past 4000 if you want to.

what computer do you have? a friend of mine once had a performance chip reprogrammed so that a revlimit was placed on the car if oil/water temp < 70. could be something similar.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea i gave up and just let it warm up every time, i was wondering if it was normal, but thanks a lot, took some stress off my mind :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats cool man, hope u enjoyed your self, lived in Nassau for 20 years and its only getting better, even more now that the sport compact rave is growing like crazy, all we need is a nice race track now (all we have is a quarter mile) :(

·
Registered
597 Posts
but i have one problem, i was wondering if its a requirment for it to warm up in the morning because if it does not then the RPM does not go past 4000, i just want to know if thats a feature or if its a problem witht the car.
As far as I know it is perfectly normal. I had to early shift my first r32 gt-r when cold as I tended to sputter and pop a little right off the go. Then, like a switch, it would release itself. My current highly modded gt-r is even worse. I can't even drive it until the water temp is good and up there !!!!
i've got an aftermarket ECU on mine and it ran normal in morning, maybe higher/richer idle at times (guess auto choke?), however, i now have an FconSZ piggyback fitted and it nows feels like its on autochoke on most morning startup, even summer, and not wanting to rev (with an increase in EGT) until about 1/2mile driving, at which point its like a switch, easy revving and egt drops, have a feeling its that closeloop/openloop thingy(which i don't understand), question is it supposed to be so pronouced?.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts