GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know someone who can repair - rear tyre nail in centre and not gone down but need someone who can take it out and repair if need be!
Urgent - going to france tomorrow:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Anyone know someone who can repair - rear tyre nail in centre and not gone down but need someone who can take it out and repair if need be!
Urgent - going to france tomorrow:rolleyes:
You're going to drive 100s of miles at high speed through france with a puncher repair?! :eek:

Good luck :runaway:

·
Registered
140 Posts
no repairs on runflats for any reputable company sadly.

tyre insurance hase saved me twice now, all be it a lot of hasstle

·
Registered
72 Posts
no repairs on runflats for any reputable company sadly.
Not so - many tyre manufacturers have relaxed their initial "never repair RFT" stance:

car-tyres.org.uk/articles/run_flat_tyre_repairs.asp or Google "Where to Repair Run Flat Tyres on BMW?" Damn forum anti-spam won't let me post URLs!

It seems that the main problem with repairs to RFT was that it's not possible to see whether there has been damage to the sidewall while the tyre was flat (other than by believing the driver when they say they've only done 2 miles @ 30 mph since TPMS alerted them that the tyre was flat).

Anyone know whether repairs require removing the tyre from the rim, or can they be done from the outside? I'm pretty sure when I had my old RX8's tyre repaired it involved removing it from the rim. Nissan/tyre-manufacturers have already issued guidance against removing the tyre from the rim several times (so, for example, preventing a low mileage GT-R from using winter & summer tyres on the same rim), so this might be a factor if repairs involve removal.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
You cannot repair runflats
So long as it has not be driven flat and the puncture is within the centre 3/4 of tread it can be repaired, I checked with Dunlop technical and they confirmed they can be repaired under those circumstances.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had a nail in my MY11 tyre and it lost pressure. I took it to my mates tyre fitting company who patched it no problem. Have done 2 track days since!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
ATS repaired mine for about £15 from memory. Took them about 20 mins.

They did ask if the tyre had gone flat at any point, I assume if it had the side walls could have been damaged if driven on for too long. Luckily the tyre had held pressure so no issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts