1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
That is a stock diff, new bearings seals and plates and yours will be good as new. Alternatively if you enjoy 'spirited' driving - get an aftermarket one, ATS, OS, Cusco, Kaaz, Nismo etc etc.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Is it me or is that cheap? Postage tacks up the price a little...
Mine whines like a wookie with a headache, and that is after it has warmed up. Fresh oil too :(

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've bought a few things from this ebay seller, prices are generally very good, and normaly delivered about 7 days after paying via paypal. No problems with customs either, maybe it's because of the lovely pink wrapping paper he uses. :D

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Whoa, whoa whoa a minute!!! If your diff is whining this is HIGHLY unlikely to fix it. The whine is almost certainly the crown wheel and pinion gears, and all you are buying here is the centre section, which has the planetary gears in it ONLY. You need to find if the CWP is OK in your diff, chances are it's that that is *uggered. These come as a matched pair from Nissan. You need to renew all bearings and seals then have it set up for pinion preload and crown wheel tooth pattern, a job for someone familiar with setting up diffs. Whether you choose to add a new LSD centre section at the same time is up to you.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I know mine whines, not sure about fourtoes, I have no intention of fixing it though lol :D (not until i get some other things seen to...)
Apart from anything lying on freezing concrete to get a looksee doesnt appeal right now.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info Chris!
Yeh Gravesky mine whines like a b&gger too, not too bad but on the motorway its a bit annoying, think im gonna have to save up me pennies and get it all fixed together, soooo many things to do before Le Mans this year!!!!! :mad:
Oh well shes worth every penny!
:D

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so im............

taking mine here first thing on Monday morning for a good seeing to!
http://www.gearboxesbristol.co.uk/
hope it not gonna be too expensive!
:D
bobby

1 - 9 of 9 Posts