GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, does anyone who lives in the cambridgeshire / Northamptonshire / Bedfordshire area that has a TPMS reset tool I can use?
I have the Ecutek cable but didn't realise that I need to scan the sensors as well, after just changing my wheels ready for the Nurburgring visit leaving this Wednesday I have been trying to buy one with no luck....

:bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I don't have one, but you can do it without.
Do a net search on TPMS programming without tool.
Use your EcuTek cable to enable learn mode, with each tyres set to a different pressure. (That's why search, I can't remember the pressures). Then drive it at 30 ish for a few miles. It will learn them as you drive.

Something like:
Front left 2.2 bar
Front right 2.1 bar
Rear left 2.0 bar
Rear right 1.9 bar

Almost certainly wrong pressures, but you get the idea. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I cleared it today using the old fashioned method, doubted it would but its worked

Pressures kPa (kg/cm2, psi)
Front LH 240 (2.4, 34)
Front RH 220 (2.2, 31)
Rear RH 200 (2.0, 29)
Rear LH 180 (1.8, 26)

Used ECUTEK to put TPMS into learn mode

Drive over 25mph for a while. It actually took me 12 miles before the lights cleared. I went to a Tesco and back then the light went out.

Around 2 miles later it came back which made me swore but it was only to advise me that my rear left was in fact to low.

A trigger tool is definitely much better option but it's useful to know for me this works!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I cleared it today using the old fashioned method, doubted it would but its worked

Pressures kPa (kg/cm2, psi)
Front LH 240 (2.4, 34)
Front RH 220 (2.2, 31)
Rear RH 200 (2.0, 29)
Rear LH 180 (1.8, 26)

Used ECUTEK to put TPMS into learn mode

Drive over 25mph for a while. It actually took me 12 miles before the lights cleared. I went to a Tesco and back then the light went out.

Around 2 miles later it came back which made me swore but it was only to advise me that my rear left was in fact to low.

A trigger tool is definitely much better option but it's useful to know for me this works!

Great info, thanks:bowdown1:

Dave.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts