GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, does anyone who lives in the cambridgeshire / Northamptonshire / Bedfordshire area that has a TPMS reset tool I can use?
I have the Ecutek cable but didn't realise that I need to scan the sensors as well, after just changing my wheels ready for the Nurburgring visit leaving this Wednesday I have been trying to buy one with no luck....

:bowdown1::bowdown1:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I'm 10 miles from you and Litchfield coded my wheels I had on the car for the sensors when I wanted my OEM wheels left coded I should of mentioned it to them but in there good nature they kindly went and made the changes thinking of the customers best interests.

Like you I'm off to Nurburgring this week (Thursday) so if you do find anyone left me know as could do with having my other ones coded.

I wonder if STS Tyres on St Peters Road would do it for a few £££ in hand.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
I've got the tpms activation tool and ecutek cable, don't mind helping out, based in milton keynes.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Thanks Tin thats very kind of you!

If I was to take up your generous offer what sort of time would you be around on Wednesday? as I'm looking after my son that day so I'm free but need to await a delivery in the morning.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
No probs Andy, anyday this week after 6pm is fine, could meet up halfway if its easier, or at costco etc.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Costco probably easiest as a location point somewhere to park and hopefully not put you to far out your way.

I'll let you know as I'll speak to a tyre place nearer me as might be cheaper than spending 90 miles of petrol in the GT-R.

Thank you for this kind gesture though regardless of whether I take up the offer.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tin for the offer, Rather than driving to MK I will try a few garages to find anything a bit more local.

Not having a good day so far in trying to get the car ready for the Ring trip on Wednesday.
Ordered £450 worth of oils from OPIE last Monday night only to be told this afternoon that they haven't even "Picked" it yet and the filters were out of stock :mad:
just left a complaint with Matt who is on holiday and told them to cancel the order. So apart from trying to sort out the TPMS, I now have to find a filter and engine oil as well....

Eandy,
If you can find someone who can reset the sensors locally please let me know otherwise it looks like a trip to MK:clap:
Are you going on Wednesday from Hull? If so I'm leaving about 3.30- 4.00 if you want meet up somewhere

Cheers Chris
07872 499406

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Thats not good Chris, maybe give Sly a call and see if he can sort out the oil changes and tpms reset too?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I've a friend that works at Audi Vindis in Huntingdon who has a trigger tool (lives in Sawtry) so I'm going to go that route Tin if I code them as its much closer for me.

Chris I'm heading out Thursday morning with few friends, might see you around the Nurburgring though!

If I get hold of this tool tonight I'll drop you a PM and if your around the area can use it. If I do manage to borrow it I can perhaps bring it to Germany and if I find you there code wheels then?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Eandy
Tried to get to litchfields today but run out of time, will be coming back to huntingdon around 8.-8.30 this evening could I pop round this evening if your free?
The bloody warning message is already p***ing me of ;)

If you could text me on 07872 499406
Thanks Chris

·
Registered
808 Posts
I had Litchfields code both sets of wheels with the same ids, so I can just put them on/off with no recoding ;)

Typical top service.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had Litchfields code both sets of wheels with the same ids, so I can just put them on/off with no recoding ;)

Typical top service.
Blade
thanks for the info will ask Iain to do the same next time I'm in for a service,

BTW did you used to have a white Evo 6 which was looked after by a motorsport company running a farrari team near St Albans approx 12 years ago?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Blade
thanks for the info will ask Iain to do the same next time I'm in for a service,

BTW did you used to have a white Evo 6 which was looked after by a motorsport company running a farrari team near St Albans approx 12 years ago?
That would be me. Said mechanic, Steve Hagger, now works with JCR

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That would be me. Said mechanic, Steve Hagger, now works with JCR
Hi Blade, I bought your rear spoiler from you, we met up at the motorsport garage. Time has flown by and funny how we both have moved up from having Evo's but I must admit that they are a great car.

Currently at the Ring for the next few days pushing the GTR:chuckle:

Cheers Chris

·
Registered
808 Posts
Hi Blade, I bought your rear spoiler from you, we met up at the motorsport garage. Time has flown by and funny how we both have moved up from having Evo's but I must admit that they are a great car.

Currently at the Ring for the next few days pushing the GTR:chuckle:

Cheers Chris
Blimey! Your memory is good :)

Must have been when I stuck on the Cusco rear wing...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts