GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :)
Right here we go,
I have a standard GTR34 which i'm trying to get part's for , at the moment i can probably afford an Induction Kit , Turbo DownPipes , DumpValve , Exhaust & De-Cat .
I've allready put a THREAD out in the WANTED Section for these part's , but being someone that's new to the Skyline Tuning side of thing's i'm not to sure which part's are best for my car & what sort of price's i'm looking at.
I've had a few reply's to my WANTED THREAD but i don't want to go buying part's & then finding out later on down the road that i couid of bought better part's at better price's(no disrepect to anyone:) ).

CHEERS

GAR:)

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
HKS Hyper Muffler or Super Dragger £600 ish
Front pipes £340 ish
Decat £100
Sports cat (middlehurst) £300
Filter or induction £50 - £350
approx 380-400 bhp

I have these mods on my car plus iridium spark plugs and oil cooler to keep the engine happy, it makes for a very lively car without ruining its drivability. If you go higher than this then you will need to look at fuel control etc and many thousands of pounds. big horsepower is great for the tracks but not always great in the town centre. i have spoken to a few people who have gone for more power and have ruined the drive.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
an Exhuast and Air Filter is always the best way to start I dont know about downpipes as they are a hassel to fit if your not doing the job yourself then go for em ,, if your doing teh Job I would rather get the easy parts over and done with first.

Exhuast Decat and all the way to the back
Air Filters loose the Box

and your gona feel the difference :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I started with the basics; iridium plugs, exhaust, de-cat, downpipes and induction. Which is just as you said really minus the dump valve.

Great thing about these mods is as well as much more responsive, it sounds awesome. Growling and whooshing proper jap stylee! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts