GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This is abit of an embarrasing question but my fuel flap does not open and worst of all i've only got enough petrol for a couple of miles! I've got a R34 GTT and usually you would open the petrol flap by pulling the handle near the drivers seat but this doesnt seem to work. I cant tell if the cable has snapped or the hinges seized, but is there any way I can get it open i.e. an emergency release or something. Anyone's help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
You may have to cut the latch if possible, kinda same thing happened to me before but was with my doors in a previous car, the key points were flushed, battery went dead so couldnt pop the locks open :( had to go in through the bonnet lol

·
Registered
353 Posts
you can open it through the boot pull away the moulding on flap side slip your hand through to the flap catch pull on cable :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Happened to me a couple of weeks ago on my R32. As said above, get your hand down inside the wing and have a poke around untill you find the cable. Once you pull on the correct cable to release the catch I used a credit card to pull open the flap itself and then bingo, you can put some fuel in!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your help guys. I got one of my friends to push the latch whilst I prised the fuel flap open with a ruler (only thing I could find in the office, near thought to use a credit card). Job done. Its also good to know that I can get access from the boot if something similar happens in the future. Now I can feed my thristy baby lol!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts