GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cutting a long story short,water has got down behing the parcel shelf onto the electrics underneath.It has caused my 4WD and ABS lights to come on.After disconnecting the battery and leaving for 1/2 hour the lights did not come back on.I thought all was well untill I drove the car and the torque guage was going mad,it would move pulling away and any fast acceleration would make it fly up.It has barely moved before unless I was being silly on roundabouts.
Does anyone know what is wrong???? Could it be a fuse has blown??Do the 4wd,abs and torque splitter work off the same circuit?

Stuart

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Stuart
I know there was something about if you disconnect the battery you MUST have your front wheels in a straight line.
Check through some of the other threads.
There are some diagnostic checks you can do.
They were listed on the other threads
Sorry its not much help
Best regards Alan

Hope you get it sorted :D

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Don't know where the atessa computer is but I have a feeling it is in the boot. I know the hicass computer is in the boot so if it is twitching about this could cause problems.

try stripping out the rear parcel shelf and the boot trim and seeing if any of the computer bits are wet/damp.

You could strip it out and use a hairdryer on it, This seems to work with mobile phones I have dropped in drinks (more than once !!)

the hicass computer looks like a small amplifier I believe located on the drivers side on top of the parcel shelf. Might be wrong though.

hope you get it fixed.
Steve

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Could be a faulty sensot stu

I had a prob recently with the HICAS light coming on.
Quick trip to abbey proved it was a faulty sensor givinbg off diff elec voltage readings so confusing the ECU to bring the light on.
Got another one and all is fine.
No wiggles or lights at all.
Get it checked on the Nissan Console.
Fish brothers in Reading have one or you know where abbey is!

Nick

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nick...I am pretty sure it is the Ecu that has gone,I have had 3 different faults,maybe 4(not sure if it was the Hicas or crap road)and they are all controlled from the ECU that got wet.
I am taking the Ecu out when I get home tonight to dry it out,hopefully that will sort it out,if not the car is getting serviced a week monday at Abbey and I will have to replace the unit....
Anyone thinking of getting tints done make sure you block the vent at the bottom of the rear screen.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts