GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my car is for sale in the for sale section and i am just about to click pay on autotrader to put my car on there....but first i need some help

there are a few things that are makin me want to sell my r33 spec2 gtst:

1)i am getting fed up of not being able to use any of the power now that the weather has turn cack.
2)No gtst ever put a good time in at santa pod, even the ones with 400/500hp!
3)it will cost £200 less to insure a gtr?!
4)i think the gtr looks nicer with the wider archs.
5)i want awd traction and to feel more safe and not worry the the back end will slide me into a tree......

i have stage 1 mods, should i go onto stage 2? or would this be a waste of time? should i just buy a r32 gtr for £7000/8000 or really really really save and get a r33 gtr?

HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
854 Posts
defo get an r32gtr. watch that back end though, they still love to slide!!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
A GT-R is a lot safer in the wet than a GTS-t especially with a Torque split controller fitted :)

Get an R32 and save yourself a bit of money, as stated around the 10 mark will get you a fairly decent one, and they handle better than a 33 as they're smaller and lighter.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Torque split controller ? what does this do? i think i could do 8k/8.5k max for a r32.......i could get 11k but then i would have no car for a very long time.....prolly this time next year

but for the 8k i can get by early next year i am thinking of r32 gtr, evo 5.......or maybe a supra

gtr or a evo are the main two tho?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh what is the gtr like to drive? i hate the way my gtst feels slow, i want more faster response, and torque. i did like the supra tt i tested, i liked the way the turbos came in from a really low rpm and felt torquey, it pulled me back into the seat and my gtst just dosnt feel like that

·
Registered
25,978 Posts
£8k id be suprised if you can find a good 32 for that type of money

im only down the road from you,

you dont own a R33 GTS do you? all stickered up? if so i see it most mornings on the A127

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
would it be a waste of time and money doing my r33 gtst tho?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Mr.T how bout you go try the Skyline and a Evo, both of them in ur budget and see wich one you like. I would personally choose a GTR.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i am 80% more towards a gtr than the evo.....

i was going to get a r.i.p.s rb30 for my gtst, people on soc was sayin that a br30 stst will still be cack and slower than a supra tt, is this true?!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rips said 5/6,000 for one of his rb30's for my gtst would give me around 600hp

thats also why i wanted to know about the racelogic traction control

·
Registered
930 Posts
as i say the traction control is very good and you can set how much traction you want but it can only sotp you losing traction it cant give you it.will make your times alot faster,you would have the same problem i a supra but they can post good time down the strip and so can a gtst.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how does the racelogic tc work? can it stop the rear from spinnin in the wet?

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you can afford a 33GTS-T, and a RIPS RB30 transplant, I'd just go for the 32GTR from the start...then save a few months and drop the RB30 in that.

Will save you a load of money in the long run, and you said you'd rather have the 4WD.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
a good rb30 will wipe the foor on a supra.
So will a good RB26.. :)

Torque split controller ? what does this do?
Look here.. http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/19533-torque-split-controller.html?highlight=TSC

8K will get you a reasonable BNR32, with your budget I'd forget about RB30 transplants, the standard block size is more than adequate :)

R32GT-R's are reasonably cheap to buy but can be very costly to run [especially if you mod the thing as well as fix it!]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts