GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously contemplating buying a R32 or R33 and would like to know if I get a nice car that is auto is it a easy enough job to swop boxes to a manual?

Thanks in advance

Robbie

·
Registered
119 Posts
R32 / 33

Robbie

I had my 33 fettled by Mark and Scott at Abbey, they really know their stuff when it comes to these models.

They come highly recommended and I reckon that they will be able to help you out .

Regards

SS

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Changing gtst to manual is a common swap, so it's easy enough if you can get the bits.

What model of R32 or 33 are you after? Might help if you're a bit more specific (ps +1 for Abbey recomendation).

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Robbie

I had my 33 fettled by Mark and Scott at Abbey, they really know their stuff when it comes to these models.

They come highly recommended and I reckon that they will be able to help you out .

Regards

SS
Cheers SS :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Changing gtst to manual is a common swap, so it's easy enough if you can get the bits.

What model of R32 or 33 are you after? Might help if you're a bit more specific (ps +1 for Abbey recomendation).
I am thinking of just getting a GTS-T R32/R33 for now although I may get the GTR 32 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Hahah Robbie so the ride in my 32 finally convinced you.

Still think you should go the GTR route and definately R32. Would also speak to Julian Smith at Garage D, he'll happily part his knowledge on all things Skyline.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahah Robbie so the ride in my 32 finally convinced you.

Still think you should go the GTR route and definately R32. Would also speak to Julian Smith at Garage D, he'll happily part his knowledge on all things Skyline.
Oh yes the drive out in yours defo. was shockingly fast :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
It would certainly save a lot of time, blood, sweat and tears jumping the gun and going straight for the GTR?

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It would certainly save a lot of time, blood, sweat and tears jumping the gun and going straight for the GTR?
I think your right :thumbsup:

R32 GTR it is :squintdan

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Laim you should have seen the grin on his face when we got back from the quick blast :) And this is from a guy who has driven a number of GTR's and countless classic fast cars. Humbled by a R32 GTR, and now he's got the bug.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I must admit it was bloody fast. lol

·
Registered
26,768 Posts
400bhp, stage 1 GTRs are not that rapid

i think when you get to something running 2530s its getting to where it should have been as standard.

going in hyrevs 34 was rapidooooooooo lol

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
400bhp, stage 1 GTRs are not that rapid...
Compared to what? It's easy for us all to get blaze (sp?) about it, but surely they are rapid? Been a while since mine was 400 though.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Relatively speaking a GTR is rapid compared to a GTS which is what Robbie was looking at originally. No point jumping into a 600 bhp fire breathing monster as your first GTR.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts