GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out on a drive and all of a sudden my gearbox started juddering and the car trying to stall then it rattled like hell and stalled and now the gearbox light is flashing and car wount start.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Have you had any software updates done? Could just be a sensor problem.
Failing that it could be a cir clip failed.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will have a better idea

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've called the aa just waiting for them to pick me up and take me home. Also yes I had the gearbox update last week along with stage4.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Do you have a cobb or ecutek cable. Maybe a code read will throw up some info.
Seems to be a day for it as a few people are mentioning gearbox problems.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately no I don't have a ecutek cable this has turned out to be a fantastic night

·
Registered
626 Posts
Wouldn't like to say..... if it was me id want it on the back of a truck not being dragged along. At least you know nothing is turning that way. Dont forget to ket your tracker company know you're being recovered

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The police just arrived to tow me as I'm stuck on a 3lane roundabout and I refused I did mention to the aa it can't be towed either

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well they bloody hell are not towing it I will refuse and make sure it is taken onto a low loader

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Car has just started back up but flashing visit dealer ive just switched it back off as I don't want to chance driving it back home.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just got home the car starts fine now the gearbox light has disappeared from the dash and its just the engine light that is on with the visit dealer showing on the dash.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Hard luck erol, hope they got it on the flat bed alright, it's best to ask for a detachable flat bed so they don't damage the splitter.

I think Dean kenny's problem sounded similar to yours, if you search for his thread you can read all about it, but he did end up having a new gearbox after they first attempted a fix. Is you car still in warranty?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes the car is still under warranty but its got a stage 4 and gearbox update so i don't really see nissan helping at all.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Where is your local NHPC.

Could be worth them taking a look, just don't mention the stage 4 and play dumb.
if they mug you off then im sure someone on here will have the right advice.
glad to hear you made it home and the fact the car started again could mean its not too serious ...... fingers crossed.

·
Vendor
480 Posts
If you read the last few posts of the thread by G2GUV this morning, think you'll be looking at a very similar issue Erol_h, have a look :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts