GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this request for info/advice should appear on ICE ...but nobody seems to post threads or read the same.
I need to purchase & install both front & rear speakers in Gtr-33. Any advice as to speakers + price. Prior to the purchse of the car, previous owner tok out speakers (front & rear) and left me with what sound like a set of "Harry Moss" in the rear...not sure if any of you will remember the "Harry Moss" brand...circa late 60's early 70's. I need to get Mantovani/Vera Lynne sounding as they ought to...some of you would say stick with the "Harry Moss"!!!! Any ideas??

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I put:-

Infinity Kappa 6.5 " components in the front. Any 6.5 will fit. I made an MDF spacer to mount them in.

The parcel shelf is harder. In the end, I chose to use Infinity Kappa 5 x 7's. 6x9's will not fit. the 5x7's go in pretty easily, again with an mdf bracket.

Jon

·
Registered
65 Posts
a pair of Infinity kappas will fit in the rear under the existing grills. The front has a pair of infinity base units in the existing door panel with tweeters cut into the top of the doors.(very unobtrusive and great sound). This lot is powered by a smallish genesis amp which hides under the boot carpet.
It was installed by Audiofile in Bishops Stortford who have fitted systems in several Skylines and are very good, give them a call for specs.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Max,

Are you the guy with the blue GT-R that I stopped to chat with in Thaxted in my purple import '95 GT-R a couple of months ago???

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
slipyr4....Gramophone is on passenger seat...it is dangerous to turn around whilst driving to wind it up if placed on back seats. Also no problems with wiring.
Max...thanks for info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts