GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all owners of R34 GTT.

I have just purchased a R34 GTT with 40,000km on the clock and have a couple of questions that I'm sure owners of the vehicle are able to answer and help me out.

1) What is the recommended viscosity of engine oil? How many litres of engine oil are required? What are you guys using? What is the oil filter part no.?

2) What is the recommended viscosity of the differential oils? How many litres of engine oil are required? What are you guys using?

3) What is the recommended viscosity of the manual transmission oils? How many litres of engine oil are required? What are you guys using?

4) What is the spark plug gap that the GTT requires? Any recommended brand and its part number?

5) What is the part number of the air-cond filter replacement panels?

6) What available brake pads are available out there for the GTT. Front and rear? Part no?

7) What are the recommended brake fluids to be used on the GTT? Litres required?

8) What is the part no. of the water pump?

9) I plan to replace the timing belt. What else should I purchase/change at the same time? Tensioner adjuster? Oil seals (how many)? Air-cond, fan, alternater belt? Any part numbers available?

10) What is the part no. of the fuel filter?

11) Clutch. What are the original part no. and what aftermarket options do I have that’s not too stiff!

12) What fluid should I use for the power steering? How many litres are required?

Anything else that I should be looking at to ensure trouble a free ride??

Many many thanks in advance. Thank you for helping this newbie out. :p

·
Registered
870 Posts
That's a lot of questions for a newbies first post..........

The answers could take quite some time to sort out for you.

In the mean time, have a go of the search button up there ^^^ and see what you can find out, that's half the fun :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bubble and Nick MW, thanks for responding.

I have already used the search button on this forum and a few others BUT sadly only managed to get some info out of it. Been to IanHs's site too.

Of particular interest for me would be part numbers so that I can be certain I buys the correct parts for the car and also the fluids to be used/replaced as I plan to change all fluids for peace of mind.

Deeply appreciate comments and response on my queries. Thanks a million in advance. :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I have the answers for some of the questions.

Oil - 5w-40 is what I've been told.
Differential oils - Standard gear oil providing its not a LSD. 2 liters i think.
Gearbox oil - Again standard Gearbox oil.
Break Fluid - DOT 4 and 2 liters is all thats needed to bleed them out.
Spark Plug - Iridium are the best and gapped to 1.1, but some people use .8
Brake Pads - Standard Nissan are good, but EBC seem to be the weapon of choice.
Water Pump/Belts - The tentioner/idle pulley is recommended to be changed when you change the timing belt. The Water pump isnt directly connected to the Timing belt but is also recommended to be changed.
Nissan can give you the part numbers, they are standard parts and in stock in the central depot in Amsterdam. So about a 3 day lead time when you order. All in all there are three belts and one timeing belt, I think the cost of them is about £45.

Hope that helps.

John

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you johnser. Appreciate your input. Any part numbers for the above parts?

I'm not in the UK thus can't get it from the central depot in Amsterdam. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
No worries, can get them for you later, as all the belts are in the boot. I'll get the parts numbers and post them here.

John

·
Registered
870 Posts
Nissan R34GTT oil filter = 15208-70J00

·
Registered
234 Posts
johnser said:
Hi,

I have the answers for some of the questions.

Oil - 5w-40 is what I've been told.
Differential oils - Standard gear oil providing its not a LSD. 2 liters i think.
Gearbox oil - Again standard Gearbox oil.
Break Fluid - DOT 4 and 2 liters is all thats needed to bleed them out.
Spark Plug - Iridium are the best and gapped to 1.1, but some people use .8
Brake Pads - Standard Nissan are good, but EBC seem to be the weapon of choice.
Water Pump/Belts - The tentioner/idle pulley is recommended to be changed when you change the timing belt. The Water pump isnt directly connected to the Timing belt but is also recommended to be changed.
Nissan can give you the part numbers, they are standard parts and in stock in the central depot in Amsterdam. So about a 3 day lead time when you order. All in all there are three belts and one timeing belt, I think the cost of them is about £45.

Hope that helps.

John
Does most of this apply to the 33 GTR-V, specifically the trans and diff fluids?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts