GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy hope your all well
Front brakes on my R33 Gtr are noisy high pitched squeal When you press the pedal

I changed front disc/pads from ebc dimpled/grooved to project mu grooved discs & Mintex pads
But still the same obviously cleaned all components before re fitting

what could cause this as it’s very annoying ?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Hey guy hope your all well
Front brakes on my R33 Gtr are noisy high pitched squeal When you press the pedal

I changed front disc/pads from ebc dimpled/grooved to project mu grooved discs & Mintex pads
But still the same obviously cleaned all components before re fitting

what could cause this as it’s very annoying ?
Did you coat the back of the pads and where the pads sit in the caliper with copper slip Grease?

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Did you bed them in? Some pads seem to need that to avoid pick-up and squealing.

5-6 max pressure repeated stops from 100 or so was my unscientific method, I'm ready to be shot down!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I did apply copper grease to back of pads etc
Could it be the Metal sim brackets causing sequel ?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Noise is usually material build up or the pads are not making even contact on the rotor. I'd check the caliper pistons aren't rusty or gooped up. Since you have new parts it's not pad material...

A stuck or bound up piston will cause the pad to hit the rotor unevenly. If you've ever had a bike brake squeal it's the same thing. Not expensive or difficult to install new seals and to clean up the pistons. Pop them out with compressed air. The rebuild kits are easy to source. When you pressed in the pistons to install new pads you may have caused a piston to get pissed off.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Yes I did apply copper grease to back of pads etc
Could it be the Metal sim brackets causing sequel ?
Copper grease is supposed to change the frequency of the squeel and so render it outside our hearing ability. Did you try the brakes without the copper grease? I must admit I have never had any success with my squeely brakes with copper grease.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts