GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read this on wikipedia, and its been 2 days for me to b a proud owner of 1997 BCNR33, GTR.....

In reality, the RB26DETT engine produced more power than this (~320 hp), but it was not stated as there was a "gentleman's agreement" between the major Japanese car makers not to produce production vehicles exceeding 206 kW (276 hp). Nissan engineers later confirmed that the engine was designed for ~500 hp , and then muzzled by the exhaust, boost restriction, and ECU. The electronic boost control had a small physical restriction in the control lines. It was marked in yellow so the new owner could remove it and enjoy a safe factory boost increase

Now wht i need to know is ofcourse something in bold n italic in my question, if there is something physicaly restricting stock settings, wht is it?
I need to know the location, whether if its in the ECU or under the hood, plz help.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Hi mate, plenty of threads here about this subject. Seeing as i'm bored, I found this for you. Shoud answer your question. If not, use the search button above.

Oh, and welcome BTW

TT

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks fuggles, ppl here seem very supportive, can i get the pictures of mentioned solenoid from which the brass restricter has to b removed? if possible

1 - 5 of 5 Posts