GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. i need some help/advise on replacing my stereo on R33 GTS-T

I imported my car from japan and it is heavy modified.
Now i would like to change the stereo with an aftermarket stereo.

I have bought a ISO adapter number PC2-76-4

The problem is that there are three plugs plugged in the old stereo.

2 are the normal stereo plugs the 3rd one is a 12 pin plug with 11 wires connected with the Blitz Dual SBC and 4 greddy gauges

the ISO adapter is made just for the 2 normal stereo plugs
is there any harness adapter i can use?

Has anyone had this problem before??? Did you manage to fix it??

any help very appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
cant remember the wiring on my 33 but on the 32 it has a connector for the amplifier which needs to be bypassed (extra wiring at parcel shelf) (3rd connector)
the iso lead you have is correct to get the stereo functioning.
i would assume that the guages etc are just taking a feed off what would become live when ignition is on (possibly a factory amp at end of lead?) so would just run a new feed in for the guages.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mate. the problem is if i unplug the 3rd plug, the gauges with blitz controller do come alive when ignition is on but they read wrong and when i put the lights on they go dead.

I will follow that plug right to the end and i'll let you know what i'm going to find there.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I'm fairly certain that the 3rd plug is for the stereo controls (and illumination sense) on the left behind the steering wheel.

I'd say the power/earth for the gauges/sensors has been tapped into this line(s) and need to be redone :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.