GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger door is refusing to open from either the outside or inside. When you press the unlock button on the key you can hear it unlocking and locking and the lock button inside goes up and down but you still can’t open the door. The handle pulls out but lacks the normal feel of something engaging to open the door.

This happened the other day for a few hours and then it started working again. So it is probably not something that has fallen apart inside the door as it fixed itself. Now it has done it again and has refused to open for a couple of days. Possibly a sticking solenoid or something like that??

I have tried all sorts of combinations of locking and unlocking with the handle pulled out to see if something is not catching properly and can be reset but had no luck.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Thanks,

TSS

·
Registered
66 Posts
Have you tried does the window operate normally? When you open the door, the window comes down a bit in order to get free from the rubber seal.

Maybe this is blocking your door?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Naurulokki,

Thanks for the reply, but the problem was that the door remained locked even after unlocking it and wouldn't move at all.

I have just had it repaired and the issue was the door lock mechanism was rusted up so did not disengage properly even though the interior lock button was moving up and down.

The garage cleaned off the corrosion and lubricated it all and it seems to work fine now.

TSS

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No not very cold, probably +10° C

Apparently it was just corrosion in the locking mechanism. I did find a thread on another forum somewhere and another GTR owner had the same problem and his was caused by corrosion too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Naurulokki,

Thanks for the reply, but the problem was that the door remained locked even after unlocking it and wouldn't move at all.

I have just had it repaired and the issue was the door lock mechanism was rusted up so did not disengage properly even though the interior lock button was moving up and down.

The garage cleaned off the corrosion and lubricated it all and it seems to work fine now.

TSS
Hi TSS

I have this exact same issue, can you remember who fixed this for you? Were they able to fix the issue with the door closed? Im having troubles trying to get someone who says it can be done

1 - 7 of 7 Posts