GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title I need some help.

I have done a search and there is info on Boost control kit and DIY but I need some additional information.

Here we go
I had a HKS boost control kit which was not funtioning correctly so have ripped it out. But have little to work from in terms of knowing how to fit the Apexi boost control kit.

The HKS setup was as follows
Pressure sensor on the drivers side inner wing up past the Clutch master cylinder.
This had a grey electrical connector that plugged into the Wiring harness with three Wires. I think this is the standard loom.

The pressure hose was taken and T'd into a Vacuum pipe that ran from the back of the plenum to an outlet on the end of the fuel rail.

HKS Boost solenoid

This was located on the passenger side inner wing up by the Air con pipes
This had two wires that were connected back into the car one was connected to a wire on the ECU the other was grounded.
There was anotehr connector that ran to the display as well directly from the solenoid

There was a single pipe to the underneath of the plenum and two pipes to the wastegate. One goes into the side of the wastegate and one went to the bottom of the wastegate.

Apxexi setup
I have the pressure sensor in the same place as the HKS one. This does not have a plug that goes into the loom. It has a seperate set of wires, three in total that connects back into the PFC via a little white block.

I have connected the pressure hose back up as it was before.

The boost solenoid in on the passenger side inner wing up by the Air con pipework as it was with the HKS one.
I have used the single pipe from underneath the plenum that connects back to the Apexi boost solenoid. Can't remember if this is the NO connector or the COM connector.

I now have only one pipe from the boost solenoid which goes to the side of the Wastegate. I have left the second outlet at the bottom venting to atmosphere.

The boost solenoid has two wires a Pink and black which it says needs to be connected to the orignal boost control loom.

So I have two problems,
1> I don't know if it is plummed in correctly
2> I haven't got a clue where the original boost connectors - loom is.

Can someone help me identify if the plumming is correct?

Does anyone know where the two wires are meant to connect to.

If I cant find them does anyone know which pin numbers on the ECU I need to connect the black and pink wires to.

When I took the car fro a spin out I had no boost reading and couldn't really tell what was happening with the boost. I have a problem with an oil return pipe so couldn't go too far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kev

·
Premium Member
11,878 Posts
Kev, I'll call you tomorrow evening. I'm confident between me,you and my friend we can sort this out.

Sorry I didn't call you back over the weekend, I got a bit waylayed.:eek:

Chat soon..

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
The hose from underneath the far end of the plenum is supposed to go into the NO nozzle. COM connects to your wastegates, but you have to be sure that nothing from the stock piping is venting to atmosphere - you gotta plug those loose ends up.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boost control kit

Cheers Andy,

Will give you a ring later.

kismetcapitan
Thanks for the info, pretty sure the other ends are closed off but will have to find them and check. Also pretty sure they are plummed correctly into the No and COM. This is quite easy to change around anyway.

Still need to confirm the vacuum pipe plumming from the pressure sensor and the two wires from the boost solenoid.

Kev

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boost control kit.

Quite easy once you find everything you need.

The original boost control wires exit under the fusebox one is light green the other is blue with a white stripe.

Kev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.