GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you don't mind me invading this forum, being a Ford RS Owner!! I have found that 'our lot' can't help much with this kind of stuff!

I borrowed a Blitz SBC for the Ten of the Best day recently and got on really well with it. We then decided to buy a Boost Controller, but went for the Apexi AVC-R after doing a bit of homework. The problem is this.....

We cant set the damn thing up!!

In the Boost/Duty menu, I have the Boost set at 1.00kg/cm and the Duty at 50%. Set this way I can get the car to make the desired boost (about 1.5 bar), but it doesnt hold onto it very well. The only way I can raise the boost from this menu is to adjust the Duty, adjusting the boost seems to have little or no effect.

I have put X's in the Gear Judge and F/B Speed menu's and have also found that I seem to be able to alter the boost in different gears by changing the percentage in the Start Duty menu. (I am not absolutely certain of this though)

The reason I am a bit vague is because I cannot currently drive the car on the road, so my time for experimentation is limited. I do have use of a Rolling Road. I am getting really frustrated with it!!

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give me.:cool:

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
I assume you have the AVC-R docs in English ?

If not try the APEXi USA site for them in PDF format.

·
Registered
840 Posts
50% duty cycle seems rather low! have u tryed getting it to learn the duty cycle? as that 's a very effective way to bring in the boost as quickly as possible and then hold almost exactly that amount untill redline.

Foot note: I've only monkey'd about with mine for a while, as it's quite a complex bit of kit, and I'm happy with it the way it is at the mo, but what I have found, was that some times it will not actually alter the boost when u'v adjusted the parameters, the only way I've found to get around this is to re-set it and start from scratch :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers everyone so far.

Ish - I have spoken to Dave at DP Motorsport. He is INCREDIBLY helpful (considering he didn't supply it!!). He has offered to assist via a mobile phone conversation, but I feel I want to make at least a bit of headway first.

JasonO - We do have the English instructions, but even after a considerable amount of study, they are still very complex.

2hundyman - Is it normal that to make (for example) 1.5kg/cm you should set the unit to (again for example) 1.0kg/cm?? The Bitz one was far more straight forward, but I want to persist with this as the Apexi seems to have far more funcionality. I have considered resetting the unit, I should think that will be the next move. How would you recommend setting the unit up to give a starting point? By the way we do not have the Injector Signal and the throttle position is either Open or Closed if that makes a difference.

CheeRS again. :D

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Maybe worth trying the SDU's performance forum, as there maybe a lot more of these guys with the AVC-R.

B

·
0 Posts
maybe so skylinesdownunder.com has many skyline techie's and we are the very few of them but most of the people on that forum don't even own a skyline but yet they are very knowleagable when it comes to skylines and that's why i also suggest for you to go to the performance section you might find out something and it may help you out.
Dave

" name is dave don't wear it out" how pathetic am i...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I set mine up on the road.

Basically started with it set to std then gradually wound it up until I was happy. I have std turbos so I don't push em over 1 bar.

The gear based learning takes a while and it is probably easier to do it on a dyno.

you need to wind up both the boost and duty if you want to increase the boost though, I played about with the boost bit for ages and nothing was happening.

good luck.

Steve

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a GTI-R and what I did was set the boost to whatever you want say 1bar and go to the boost screen with the revs and set them to 1bar all the way up the range.After this do not change the the boost keep at 1bar and then set the duty to reach that if it goes over you have to much duty so knock it down but if it just reaches full boost just tweak it a little,on my car 1bar is normally at 51% duty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts