GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i loved my r34 gtr vspec so just i had to get a r35! Im relatively new here, so any help is appreciatted!
I have just paid a deposit on a White 2008 GTR Jap Import, £38500 with 14k miles had all servicing done at middlehurst which is what i like as i used them before and there great guys!
Should i have any issues with an import?, i know a few buttons are in japanese to do with the nav, but I cant afford a UK one at 49k.
It seems real clean and straight, (served my time in a bodyshop) Just thought i would ask the question on here as there is a wealth of knowledge, and i dont see a lot of imports owned? or maybe im blind. If you guys say theres little or not much to worry about I will be glad of my £500 deposit and will pay the rest next week, cant wait!
ps. where is the best place in the UK to get the cobb access port and y piece? GTC? cheers Q Milne

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
That seems very low. I can see these's cars being 30k in no time.

If you were local i could use consult to check cars driving history. Guess best bet would be ask MH nicely for info when they serviced.

You may not necessarly get any issues as its an import. Our and many other JDM around world running stong after 20k miles. But the also many have had circlips come loose in gearbox, it is happens very much fixable how thanks to dodson etc.. parts. I could easily live with the jap buttons, no worries. Real world you don't really see/feel updates to 2009 EDM model.

Yes GTC is the best place for accessPORT, exhausts and more :)

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
This car will have the original hard launch control, so I'd want to know how often the car has been launched. This feature was withdrawn on Euro and US cars following transmission failures in the US.

Tyres and brakes should be in good condition, if not, you'll be looking at sizeable early bills. Cracks in discs, around the drilled holes, may also evidence hard driving/ lack of attention in looking after the car.

Track use may mean transmission fluid temperature limits have been hit which requires replacement fluid. Is it relevant? Has this been done?

As stated there have been some mechanical failures on early GTR transmissions related to solenoids. You'd be looking at paying for this fix if the car failed, assuming Nissan UK won't support.

In terms of price, I'm no expert on JDM, but I remember a similar car a while back for about the same.

RobbieJ and TokyoGTR on here run JDM cars of similar age, I am sure they can offer some advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mr Q Milne.... [email protected] to the wall son! Thats what I say! I'm home in week and off down south for mine!

Same women, same car.... Brothers from different mothers I say!

Hahahaha!!!

Q you old snake!!! haha!

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
that's very cheap

no real issues with a JDM, you can ignore a lot of the Nissan prices, just don't launch causing wheel hop that could damage push off the circlip

MH might even reflash the gearbox if you ask nicley and pay for it

Independant garages charge £60 to £80 an hour
disks £300 each AP racing
Bridgestone tyres £260 front £280 rear fitted
TM oil change £300
engine oil £100
diff £70

worth doing a full service if the history is not there

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Hi guys, i loved my r34 gtr vspec so just i had to get a r35! Im relatively new here, so any help is appreciatted!
I have just paid a deposit on a White 2008 GTR Jap Import, £38500 with 14k miles had all servicing done at middlehurst which is what i like as i used them before and there great guys!
Should i have any issues with an import?, i know a few buttons are in japanese to do with the nav, but I cant afford a UK one at 49k.
It seems real clean and straight, (served my time in a bodyshop) Just thought i would ask the question on here as there is a wealth of knowledge, and i dont see a lot of imports owned? or maybe im blind. If you guys say theres little or not much to worry about I will be glad of my £500 deposit and will pay the rest next week, cant wait!
ps. where is the best place in the UK to get the cobb access port and y piece? GTC? cheers Q Milne
Got the Cobb and Y pipe and decat down pipes and customs map from ben at GTC and am in Dyce if you want to see what that does to your motor.:smokin:

Might break a circlip and twist your gears so you may want to upgrade that first

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Guys, thanks for all your comments! thats exactly the info i was needing, ie. costs and what to look for. JohnHanton 57, do you have a black one in dyce? if so Im across the road from you at Rigcool and its looking at yours thats made me buy one! im in dyce too so would love a quick run with you if possible to see the difference over the standard one ive been in? if you are about that would be great. Thanks everyone again

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Buddy, PM your mob number and edit that post otherwise you never know who might call!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the Info Ben! IF i get my car to you, (where are you) can you flash my gearbox/service her and at the same time i'll buy a cobb unit and Y piece and maybe a few other bitties! cheers Q

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Hi,

Yes can do. But we are on other side of the country, for your convenience, John and other guys in your area are going to our dealer Hypertech in Scotland.

John will give you the run down on the accessport, as he is the official gtc brand ambassador :D very easy to use plug & play. Y-pipe takes 15 mins to fit.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Hi,

Yes can do. But we are on other side of the country, for your convenience, John and other guys in your area are going to our dealer Hypertech in Scotland.

John will give you the run down on the accessport, as he is the official gtc brand ambassador :D very easy to use plug & play. Y-pipe takes 15 mins to fit.
Let me just put the record straight here. I do not in anyway respresent or receive anything for promoting GTC products or service:( wish i did :D

I do however get some great tunes for the Ipod when they come avaiable:bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1::smokin:

Q, would be glad to hook up with you say on Saturday and let you know some of the mods i've done which are the easy ones but beware it will lead you inevitably to the dark side:flame: a very scary place to go.....

I've PM'd you my contact details

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
First thing you need to do is get the VIN/chassis number so you can work out when this car was actually produced as it could actually be a 2007 car.

The reason JDM cars of that age are cheaper is post 2008 a lot of things were upgraded: shocks, springs, transmission mounts and software, engine mounts and also ECU software. As Ben can sort you out with the AP you're sorted with both the TCM and the ECU. But the suspension and mounts etc are definitely inferior to the 2009 model, which is also the UK model. I just got mine upgraded and it's night and day difference.

btw, that price is exactly what an 07/08 JDM in Japan is going for right now.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Q,

Good to meet up today and I hope you enjoyed the short spin in the Beast. :D:D:D

As we discussed now we have our resident ex GT-R trained technician in Aberdeen, AKA Cammy perhaps he would consider taking a trip with you to fully check out the motor before you part with the full bifta.:thumbsup:

What you say Cammy????

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Mines a JDM too, no problems with it and love it as for the price and the state of the car, as the guys on here say get MH to check it thoroughly and if OK buy one of the best super cars around !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts