GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help ...... now I'm in a position to go buy a GTR.... I'm really stuck... do I buy a 2011 car with 27k on the clock and loved or a 2010 car with 12k on the clock?

There is a 7-8k price difference, both standard, fsh etc etc

What would you lot do? Heart says 2011 but wallet says 2010 and bag the extra ££££ and mod.
I don't need to save the money, I guess it just my sensible side

Need help as can't convince myself either way, I jus know I want a GTR!

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Buy one off here, already modded by a reputable tuner = job done

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wish I could stretch to a my11 but I guess I won't know what I'm missing anyway with a my10 being a gtr first timer. Always the option to trade up to a newer model down the line for me, in your situation I'd get the newer varient.

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
Let's say for arguments sake, both cars are off here. What would your choice be then?
Out of the 2 if both same power level, I would get the 10 plate with very low miles every day.

But if the 11 plate was stage 4 upwards, and the 10 was stock then the 11 plate... But that's me.... My 09 plate was pure stock when I bought it, now it's stage 4.25... I've enjoyed owning stock then modding, and modded it from stock straight to stage 4 After a 2 months ownership, because it's easy to stage 4 with just bolts on's and remap, I just fanced it and have enjoyed it lots ever since! :chuckle:

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Power wise they will both end up 4.25 so ultimately will end up at the same power level with an 8k price difference

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
The MY11 is supposed to ride much nicer. I also think the recaro seats, if that's what you get, look the nuts. Much better than the original 'black version' cars with red seat trim. That said, the earlier cars are still amazing cars.

You're right in saying you wouldn't know what you're missing so you would be ok getting an earlier model.

If you intend to mod to that level, then I would suggest holding out and buying a stage 4 car from the beginning. If you find the ride too hard, you will have money left over for a Litchfield suspension upgrade which is highly rated.

Also by getting an older car you have the option to upgrade to an MY11+ at a later date

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would go for the 10 plate
Less miles and 8k cheaper
You won't be disappointed, use the money you've saved for latest suspension as that's very worth while and take it to stage 2 mods.
I find there's very little difference between a stage 4 car and a stage 2.
Mines at 4 and isn't a great deal quicker than a stage 2 on the track if I'm honest

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
MY11 all day long - especially when the price difference is 7-8k!!!

It was a different story a little while ago when MY09's were being compared to MY11's and the price difference was circa £20k!!! Then imo - MY11 was just not worth that much extra!

There is absolutely no doubt that it is a much much better car! But just not £20k better!

Summary = Go for MY11!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've owned an 09 and my friend has an my11

My11 is just a far nicer ride and for me it'd be a no brainer in going for the later car

·
Registered
72 Posts
MY11 all day!
12 month servicing, newer so if anything did go wrong more chance of goodwill out of Nissan? Easier to sell, lots of small but important differences..
Just my opion of course :chuckle:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts