GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all. I recently bought a pair of Garage Defend Stingray carbon canards for my 32 from a guy on this forum. The problem is that although they appear to be what they are purported to be they simply don't fit!

Normally I would put this down to my ineptitude and lack of practical skills but the guys at TR are scratching their heads as well. Can anyone help me with some photos of an actual install or some help on fitment. Basically they don't appear to want to fit flush with the bodywork and may need some grinding to make a decent fit. I have attached a link to the product below.

Can anyone help please :confused:

Garage Defend Stingray Carbon Fibre Canards

·
Registered
26,772 Posts
prob because you dont have the R32 set

they are different to R32

post a picture and il tell you if they are r33,34, or r32 ones

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
prob because you dont have the R32 set

they are different to R32

post a picture and il tell you if they are r33,34, or r32 ones
Thanks Matty :thumbsup: The canards are away at TR at the moment so I will send you a PM with some of the background mate :thumbsup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
They should easily fit the R32 GT-R front if you have the right ones, like Matty said.

I found a few pictures on my pc, hopefully these help a bit:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They should easily fit the R32 GT-R front if you have the right ones, like Matty said.

I found a few pictures on my pc, hopefully these help a bit:

Thanks for that buddy, that should help. Can you tell me if they were a flush fit down the flank of the bumper and did you find that the part of the canard that joins the front of the bumper wasn't a push on fit?

Cheers,

George

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're a liability George ;)
You know it's funny you mention that Giles because my old man has been telling me that for years :bawling: Please don't tell me he was right :( :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks for that buddy, that should help. Can you tell me if they were a flush fit down the flank of the bumper and did you find that the part of the canard that joins the front of the bumper wasn't a push on fit?

Cheers,

George
I've never actually fitted them because I switched to a Do-Luck front, only checked the fitment.

I'll send a message about the fitment to the guy I sold the canards to, he has them on his R32.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've never actually fitted them because I switched to a Do-Luck front, only checked the fitment.

I'll send a message about the fitment to the guy I sold the canards to, he has them on his R32.
Thanks again mate. More photos would be useful if you can :thumbsup:

·
Registered
301 Posts
This is a question for Matty... I have the rocket dancer carbon front lip on my R32 and was wondering if these stingray canards would fit onto the bumper? or does teh front lip jut out too much?

·
Registered
203 Posts
If its any help.

I havent got then anymore myself ,sold while ending project but test fitted on my bumper while it was not on the car and it fitted nicely only had to use some pressure on the part that goes over the lip.

While we were at the guy who bought them from me we tryed test fitting with the bumper still on the car ,didn't seem so perfect.
We didnt push it further tough at that point he would let someone do it later with the bumper off also.

Differance is in the flexabillity I think.

·
Registered
26,772 Posts
This is a question for Matty... I have the rocket dancer carbon front lip on my R32 and was wondering if these stingray canards would fit onto the bumper? or does teh front lip jut out too much?
you should be ok

but they are not designed to fit together

ie rocket dancer and Gd, wouldnt say their parts go together

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Canards now fitted :thumbsup: Big thanks to Gaz @ Japsalon for his help, top man :smokin:

My friendly neighbourhood IT guru is going to post some teaser pics shortly (cos I is fick) :D:D:D

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for that Mark. Any comments about the pink jumper will be met with ultimate force :lamer: :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts