GTR Forum banner

Help please with Stingray canards

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  GTaaaaaarrrrrr! 
#1 ·
Evening all. I recently bought a pair of Garage Defend Stingray carbon canards for my 32 from a guy on this forum. The problem is that although they appear to be what they are purported to be they simply don't fit!

Normally I would put this down to my ineptitude and lack of practical skills but the guys at TR are scratching their heads as well. Can anyone help me with some photos of an actual install or some help on fitment. Basically they don't appear to want to fit flush with the bodywork and may need some grinding to make a decent fit. I have attached a link to the product below.

Can anyone help please :confused:

Garage Defend Stingray Carbon Fibre Canards

#5 ·
Thanks for that buddy, that should help. Can you tell me if they were a flush fit down the flank of the bumper and did you find that the part of the canard that joins the front of the bumper wasn't a push on fit?

Cheers,

George

#11 ·
If its any help.

I havent got then anymore myself ,sold while ending project but test fitted on my bumper while it was not on the car and it fitted nicely only had to use some pressure on the part that goes over the lip.

While we were at the guy who bought them from me we tryed test fitting with the bumper still on the car ,didn't seem so perfect.
We didnt push it further tough at that point he would let someone do it later with the bumper off also.

Differance is in the flexabillity I think.

#13 ·
Canards now fitted :thumbsup: Big thanks to Gaz @ Japsalon for his help, top man :smokin:

My friendly neighbourhood IT guru is going to post some teaser pics shortly (cos I is fick) :D:D:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.