GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an air vent cover/frame (the plastic rectangle retainer that holds the horizontal direction flaps in place) for the passenger side of the dashboard near the door.
Anyone got one of these or know of a breakers with an R32?

Thanks G

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Abbeys

have a couple of 32's down at their place looking like they may be going to be breakers.

Hope this helps.

glen

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have I got MUG on my forehead?

I gave RK a call and get this the guy wanted £25 plus postage for a 2nd hand piece of plastic :mad:

I gave Abbey a call and they wanted £18 plus vat for a new part, but with a 10 day wait for delivery from Japan.

This bit of plastic would cost no more than two or three pounds if it was for a bog standard rep mobile. How on earth can someone justify £25 for a 2nd hand part of plastic :mad:
Its not the cars that are rip offs........
G

·
Registered
905 Posts
Ive always thpught the same mate, but just accept it, its all part of owning a Skyline.....ie Empty Wallet:rolleyes:

Si

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Yeah!

Chill out m8! You buy a car like this and have to expect to pay the price for the parts. I wanna get a set of clear front indicators for my new one when it comes in, now over 200 quid is expensive for them compared to when I had my old pug 1.9 which were about 20 quid! I'm still gonna pay it though coz I want em'.

Luke

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe I should start up my own 2nd hand Skyline parts business....

Anyone know roughly how many Skylines are on the roads in the UK?
In the words of Victor Kiam it would be
I liked the product so much I brought the company!

In my words it will be
I hated the price so much I started a Skyline parts company!

......watch this space
G

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
You'll probably...

complain then that the cars are too expensive to buy in the first place!:D :p

Luke

BTW My 32 thats being broken is @ RK Tuning, wanna buy anything:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Untill people say keep it I will go without, these prices will continue to be quoted

I would rather go without than pay well over the odds. I would of thought that £10 is a more than reasonable price for this part from a Skyline, but to have the cheek to say £25, sorry keep it and I hope the guy enjoys looking at it for the next 2 years.

G

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Rk tuning.
Sounds like it was the parts of your car Luke that started all of this :D
Abbey Motorsport.
R34 brakes and nismo lines = expensive but nearly new and in good nick so I paid the money and am happy (but skint):)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Worlds most expensive material is in fact Plastic!!!

Here is the part I am after it has broken in half, now if I had the other half I would glue it back together, but when my car turned up it was missing :(
Is it really justified charging me £25 plus the frigging postage for this bit of trim?

G

·
Registered
520 Posts
I don't understand your problem

It's simple supply and demand.

He has a part for sale available to you now; if you want it for the price he has for sale then buy it. If you don't want it then don't buy it. Simple. No one is forcing you.

He is in business to make money, not to do you favours. If I ran my own parts business I certainly wouldn't want to spend 30 minutes removing the trim, packaging it and arranging a courier all for a measly £10!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Well said Simon

At the end of the day mate your not realy doing yourself any favours by coming on here telling people that use these companies that they are rip off's. They are there to make money, they arn't going to do it for free!
If your tone was a little better I may even have said you can have one off mine for drink...

Luke

1 - 20 of 22 Posts