GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps,

Can some of the R34 owners, who live in a country where they drive on the right side of the road (UK-Japan = left side), tell me the best way to convert the headlights to the different road side?

The lights are from Ichikoh in japan and I asked them if they could provide mirrored reflectors (the plastic reflector behind each bulb), as this is the main problem, but they replied they were not producing anything, not even similar stuff that would fit!

How did you change your R34 headlights for right side driving?

Thanks
Best Regards

Chris

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
The inside reflector needs to come out off the headlamp and it has a wig shape on top off it. Make sure the top is milled flat, this way it will give a horizontal lightbundle which is also approved for driving on the right side off the road. I believe it's impossible to make the light bundle's curve go up the other way (without buying a new reflector that is)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I've seen a few cars with the backside of the headlights cut out and projector lenses fitted... That would be the best way imo. There are plenty of projectors eg. from Hella with e-Signs 'n stuff which would make them legal, basically. ChristianR sells a R34 with modified headlights? Maybe look at his photos?

Marc

·
Banned
907 Posts
I'm sure there's a thread on skylineowners.com that talks about opening up the light units (hard - but I have done it) and turning the reflector and glass upside-down on 'dipped' beam, and removing the glass altogether on high-beam (how mine are now) that turns the main beam into long range spotlights, if you do this you need to re-wire so the dipped-beam stays on when main beam is used or you get very little light in the near vision.
The dipped-beam light pattern is not perfect but it works and is legal, and visibly looks standard.
Andy.

·
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Andy

I am now looking at Renault Laguna reflectors as they might fit . .(I know it sounds horrible . .:chuckle:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
No reply since 17th August 2008...
Does anybody knows how to make mirrored reflectors? Or at least know some reflectors that would fit?
There is a company that makes conversions for headlamps, dream company or something like that. I found the web page of that company some time ago from skyline.se forum, but i can't find it now.
Another company that says it can do conversions is LHD Conversion - Japan Partner. I believe that they should know how to convert headlamps, or at least they can sell converted ones. Maybe someone could contact them.

Cheers

Cristi

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Ask AndyStuttgart on here Mate... he does many of the conversions in Germany and his are quality. Remember to tell him I send you, so I'll get my next beer payed by him :D

Marc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts