GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I can't seem to find a 'how-to' guide on changing the rear discs & pads on the R35.
I recently did the fronts, changing to AP J-Hook discs & Pagid RS29 pads. So i'm now looking to do the rears for the J-Hook discs & maybe ferodo ds2500 or Brembo pads.

Does anyone know of a guide on changing them on here?

Cheers
Iggy

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm no help on this I'm afraid, but given that you recently did your front discs, I was wondering if you know of a guide that shows how to change them? I've always done all work on brakes myself, but I'm unsure about the discs on the GT-R and would like to have a read of how it should be done. I know there's a guide for front pads, but I've not seen one that covers discs...

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi all,

I can't seem to find a 'how-to' guide on changing the rear discs & pads on the R35.
I recently did the fronts, changing to AP J-Hook discs & Pagid RS29 pads. So i'm now looking to do the rears for the J-Hook discs & maybe ferodo ds2500 or Brembo pads.

Does anyone know of a guide on changing them on here?

Cheers
Iggy
Mate it's dead easy.

Same deal as the fronts except, remember to slacken off the brake shoe adjuster through the hub face grommet filled holes. Do this with a flat blade screwdriver.

Once back on adjust up tight and back off about 1 turn. If you need help shoot me a pm and I'll send you my mobile number so I can talk you through it.

The only pain is that with the 4wd system you can't just spin the wheels to check for hand brake adjustment but you soon get a feel for it.

Do the usual like power wire brush the hub face to avoid any trapped dirt and hence runout and copper slip faces sparingly, but if you've done the fronts you know this.

Here to help if you need it so just ask if stuck.

Satan

·
R35 Section manager
10,705 Posts
I would be interested to here what you think of the Ferodo ds2500 if you fit them as I had them on my 33 and thought they were great for fast street use

·
Registered
117 Posts
The Ferodo RD2500 is our most popular pad choice. Good value for money, excellent for fast road use and good for occasional track use. Having said that I have a couple of customers swear by them for track use.

John

·
Premium Member
5,698 Posts
DS2500 great for road use. Ued at Silverstone trackday recently and were superb although it was very greasy so could be different on a dry day. That said, used at Vmax for multiple high speed (196mph) runs and didn't faulter. So far wouldn't saya bad thing about them. Had Pagid RS29 before which were also awesome. Didn't seem to wear the disks as much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts