GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Santa has been very kind to me this year and has bought me a Milltech "y" piece exhaust and a COBB access port. :squintdan
Now, my problem is i am a complete noob in the tuning dept and would really appreciate some help.

Tomorrow morning i am going to get my "y" pipe fitted and then attempt to install the cobb.

Can anyone give me some guidance as to which map to choose from the options on the access port?

my car is completely standard at the moment.

thanks in advance.

P.S will i really notice the difference between standard and the proposed mods???

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Hehe, yes you will. In fact you will undoubtedly think it was the best present you've ever been given! (Unless someone was kind enough to buy you the GT-R in the first place...)

If you bought it from GTC, you can download either their Stage 1 or Stage 2 map. They are both fine for a Y-pipe equipped car.

Don't bother with the "save stock map" option at the beginning, takes too long and serves no purpose.

Make sure you switch the climate control system, sound system and lights before you start too.
Otherwise it's straight forward (if a little scary to see all your warning lights come up!).

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi David,

Thanks for the info. My wife bought these lovely things for me and i don't think she bought them from GTC, i think the Access port came from Sumo??? and the exhaust from a Milltech dealer in Slough.

If i have problems can i tap into your vast knowledge pool?

P.S i am the guy with the silver GT-R, we met at Brooklands a couple of weeks ago.

regards

Mike.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Hi David,

Thanks for the info. My wife bought these lovely things for me and i don't think she bought them from GTC, i think the Access port came from Sumo??? and the exhaust from a Milltech dealer in Slough.

If i have problems can i tap into your vast knowledge pool?

P.S i am the guy with the silver GT-R, we met at Brooklands a couple of weeks ago.

regards

Mike.
Sure Mike, email me on d a v id AATT auto-journals.com if you follow? PM box gets full.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts