GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pulled up into my drive, turned the lights and the car off and the side lights [front and rear] + the dash lights won't go off even though the switch is off and the ignition is off...

If anyone has experienced this or has any idea how to rectify it, please let me know ASAP as my battery is dieing!!!

Obviously I can disconnect the battery, but any other suggestion would be appreciated :)

If I disconnect the battery the only thing i need to worry about is the front wheels being dead straight because of the HICAS reset - is this the case?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions people - cheers..

Oh, I forgot to say the car is a late BNR32..

And the only other thing worth mentioning is I had to drive through a rarther large puddle on the way home, could there be an earth problem due to the water?!?!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick response guys, it is the switch!

Apparently the R32's are notorious for them messing up..

The fix was simple give it a couple of whacks and flick it hard from on to off repeatedly and then it "eventually" went off..

There is a spring inside the switch that can get stuck.

Ah the Joys of owning a 11 year old car :D

At least now i can drive it during the day, as I daren’t touch it again until I get the new one fitted - LOL!!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that true about having to set the wheels straight before disconnecting the battery because of the hicas ?
This is the case, the R32 HICAS is mostly a mechanical system [connected to the HICAS computer obviously], and if you don't line the front wheels up dead straight when re-connecting the battery, the HICAS light will come on permanently until you re-set it again properly. On the R33 the system has an electrical motor, which if set incorrectly will not necessarily display the warning light but will nevertheless still be out of line, the net result however is the same: the car crabs down the road rather than going straight..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.