GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i had my r32 gtr rolling roaded the other day the is car standard apart from 1 bar boost and decat my afr were far to lean 14.1 afr when on boost with the standard ecu. When my apexi ecu was fitted the best afr the guy mapping could get was about 12.1 and that was the fueling on the ecu maxed.

the guy mapping the car reconed the fuel pump was okay as the afr got lower with higher revs. he thinks one of the mafs might be screwed as there was quite a big difference in the readings of the 2 sensors at certain points. can this cause the car to run lean? any idea what other sensors can cause the car to lean run?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Nothing wrong with 12.1 AFR at higher revs / boost.
I would go as far to say its perfect.

Any chart of the dyno, hp vs boost vs afr?

Asim

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill try and get some decent dyno chart pictures my phones got a cack camera. With the standard ecu im getting about 15psi boost. when the apexi ecu is fitted im only getting just over 11psi and afr is at 12.1 with the fueling maxed out on the ecu.

with the standard ecu the afr was 14.1 the dyno run was aborted 5500rpm incase of engine damage. im planing of fitting a boost controller and running 1 bar with the apexi ecu but i cant untill i sort out the fueling problem:bawling:

·
Registered
150 Posts
ill try and get some decent dyno chart pictures my phones got a cack camera. With the standard ecu im getting about 15psi boost. when the apexi ecu is fitted im only getting just over 11psi and afr is at 12.1 with the fueling maxed out on the ecu.

with the standard ecu the afr was 14.1 the dyno run was aborted 5500rpm incase of engine damage. im planing of fitting a boost controller and running 1 bar with the apexi ecu but i cant untill i sort out the fueling problem:bawling:
Had the same issue and it was due to the fuel pump not getting high enough voltage. Solution was to have the stock cables powering a relay and running power straight from the battery (ground from anywhere) through a fuse and then direct to the pump via the relay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts