GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently installed power fc with commander to mycar, and it idles fine. But when I took it for a drive and when I brake, the car stalls. Even during idle, I reved it to 4000rpm and then brake hard, it stalls again.

Is anyone know what to adjust in the powerfc or what else should I do? any tips will be appreciated..

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Question?

matt j said:
Do you have dump valves fitted at all?

Matt.
Yes I do. HKS ones...

I'm gonna have someone tune it for me when I have the time. Now I just want to be able to drive it around....

thanks

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Stalling

A lot of cars with external dump valves stall, it's the way they effect the Airflow Meter Readings.

Guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everything was fine before I install the power fc. Before the power fc, I had stock ecu and S-afc. Nothing was change, and every upgrade is the same too before and after power fc.

so I figure that I need to change something on the power fc setting...any tips?

thanks

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Do you have the APEXi Boost Kit fitted ?

In the etc. menu you will find the options to enable / disable the knock warning, AFM warning Inj warning, Boost kit and some others.

If You DO NOT have the Boost Kit, You need to set the Boost Kit option to OFF (in the Japanese) else your car will run like a pig.

Easy (I hope) :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
You probably have the incorrect airflow meters selected, go into the menu that says something like 'Airflow meter type / selection?' and select the "BCNR33 70mm type".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the tips,

Jason, I do not have the boost kit and yes I did disable/turn it off.

jr, I have the selection to "bcnr33 normal".

I guess I'll have to use the stock ecu and s-afc back for now...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why don't you give it a bit of a tune yourself?

Try upping the revs for the deacelleration injector cut recovery.

or retard the timing at the map point you want it to idle on.
I'm sure if every one on this forum put their heads together you can tune it yourself...

How hard can it be?

Glen

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glen, I did try upping the rev on the f/c but still could not fix the problem. I haven't tried retarding the timing though....how do I retard the timing? is it the ignition map? do I decrease the number or increase it?

sorry with all the very basic questions.....

I spent about 10+ hour in the garage doing trial and error :) still could not figure it out. It might be all the upgrades that I have makes it more difficult to tune

I wish I have the time to go to LA to tune it.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kind of sounds like the injectors aren't coming on early enough.

When you take your foot off the gas, the computer cuts the fuel.
FC/1 and FC/2rpm setting is the revs when the fuel gets turned back on again.
one is for no electric load and the other for slectric load on (like fans or aircon).

What is the fc/1 and fc/2 set at?

It's on the rev idle menu.

Rev limit
fc/1 1250???
fc/2 1350 ???
idle 1
idle 2

And is function select 4 o2 feedback on of off?

Retarding the timing at the spot on the map where you want it to idle is used to stop a car hunting...probably not applickable for your problem.

Glen

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Glen,

Here's what I have in the powerfc:

Rev:

F/C 1 1550 1250
F/C 2 1600 1300
Idle 1 1450 1000
Idle 2 1500 1050

I tried those sets and others too. I have to set the idle above 1000rpm cause I have HKS step 2 cams.

in the ECT:

1 boost cntl kit off
2 Inj/Air f on
3 knock warning on
4 02 F/B control on (tried off too)
5 02 sensor reg off

sorry for the late reply

thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glen,

Its a 5 speed manual.

here the spec:

1995 R33 GT-R V-spec
HKS step 2 head system
HKS GT2835 turbos kit
700cc Blitz injectors
HKS exhaust, intake, I/C, BOV

I know I need some serious tuning to do, but I just want the car to be running okay with powerfc first. Like I posted before, the car runs fine with stock ECU and S-AFC before the powerfc install (same upgrades/spec). So, it has to be something about the powerfc.

Thanks for all the help:)

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
power fc mapping

have you worked out the % setting for the injectors if not it will not run right.

best you call RB MOTORSPORT

KEITH

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Sveilside said:
Keith,

I am in the US.

Thanks
Are you in CA? XS Engineering are (I think) the only Apexi dealer in the US using the Apexi Excel/FC Pro software with a laptop link for the PFC. They are at:

XS Engineering
18062 Redondo Circle
Huntington Beach , CA 92648
Phone: (714) 698-8300
Fax: (714) 698-8301

If you're not in CA, may be worth speaking to them anyways.

One thing I can't understand is how the car has been running on the stock ecu? I can only presume it's not actually the stock ecu but one that's be 'chipped'....?

Peter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Peter,
:) thanks, I got the PowerFC from them (XS engineering). I'm planning on having them tune my car when I get the time to drive down to LA. Eric, the XS guy, is the one that tune all the fast GTR in the US.

The car was running stock ECU and S-AFC before the powerfc. Yes, it runs fine with that combination.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Sveilside,

Did you have any luck getting your PowerFC to work ok with the external BOV's as i'm planning on getting external BOV's myself at some point and I am using a PowerFC as well?

Cheers,
Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts