GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Put my r32gtr on track yesterday and noticed after a hard run there was smoke coming from the turbo area but couldn't see exactly where because of all the pipework. It hasn't used any oil and is running fine.
Is there somoe sort of breather system that can cause this??

I'm planning to do another trackday tomorrow so an help would be much apreciated:bowdown1:

Thanks,
Sam

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sorry, can't provide any direct assitance, as I haven't seen that problem.

What kind of oil temps and coolant temps were you running? Can you give us some idea of your cars mods, mileage, etc? Any other obvious or subtle signs of trouble?

Hoefully others will chime in with more assistance

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mko9 thanks for your reply.:cool:

Temp wise water was normal (abut 1/3 up guage) and oil rose to nearly 110 deg.
Mod wise car is basically standard with exhasut, uprated intercooler, oil cooler.
There are no signs of engine trouble ad it's done 50k miles.

Drove it this afternoon -everything was normal, then after stopping the engine the same smoke apeared above or near the turbos. car smelt lke it was hot and
i could hear a squirting noise cming from somewhere:nervous: . Water hoses felt very pressurised after turning of the engine - is this normal?
I am thinking a pipe or hose has broke thats leaking water or oil onto something very hot.. Any other ideas?

Either way i won't be doing my trackday tomorow:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
i think you'd notice a drop in fuild levels if it was?!

Best bet it to just remove as much pipework as is possible to get a better look at the area.

Where is the expansion tank on a 32 GTR?? Could its cap be leaking, or be over presurised with a blockage in the system?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts