GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I set off to go pick the wife up, after a few minutes of driving the transmission started making a noise like the car was about to stall, it then started making a really loud grinding noise, very mechanical, I was stuck in traffic and had to drive on a bit further, I kept thinking the whole thing was going to blow up, I think the trans oil or engine oil pressure gauge was moving about quite a bit when it happened.

I pulled over to the side of the road and turned it off and on, I let it Idle for a while but had nowhere to leave the car, I was only a few minutes from home, I set off and drove home and the noise was gone, I'm not sure what's happening but I'm very worried.

I've got it plugged into ProEcu now, and I have a DTC code P0011

I plan to phone litchfield tomorrow but if anyone has experienced this or has any idea what it could be to help put my mind at ease a little that would be great.

Thanks
Matt

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Sounds like a solenoid has come loose. Iain will er able to give you a better idea. But a P0011 is an Engine Valve timing code.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
No. Best get it all looked at. Probly an ecu error its its all at once.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its 170 miles to Litchfield, I'm based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, can anyone recommend someone closer to home to have a look at this?

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Andy from ACSpeedtech will be the cheapest out of the ones recommended.

·
Vendor
480 Posts
If the engine was stumbling that would cause all sorts of issues with the clutch torque control and gear selection.
Pop the bonnet, listen to the front upper right hand side (as you are looking at the bay) of the engine, see if there is a rattle from the top of the engine.
Keep the revs and throttle as low as possible.

·
Vendor
480 Posts
Of course, no problem, I'll be around the shop most of next week, let me know and I'll make time.

...I'm assuming no untoward noises from the motor at the moment?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To be honest its running like a dream now, I gave it a small test and it seemed fine so took it out for a longer drive, It seems fine. Still worried about it though, ill contact you shortly.
Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts