GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone out there give me the best route for power upgrade mods to an R33 GTS turbo and what sorts of power gains for the different mods. All help is thankfully received

many thanks Alex.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
more go

Hi

Best place to start is ditch standard exhaust system,cat and front pipe and also fit pod filter (hks,apexi etc),boost can be increased on standard turbo to just below 1 bar safley just dont go above as have to worry about turbo/head gasket if u want to go further fit steel head gasket and drop compression ratio to run more boost and then fit bigger turbo,are u looking at changing gto for skyline then ?? they are great fun and you will love every minute any questions pm me

p.s i have 2 exhaust systems in my garage if u want one

lee

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ok the limitations on the GTS are the high compression engine, boost can be put up to 0.8 Bar but thats the limit on standard turbo.

Most important mods would be: Exhaust, Air Filter and bigger intercooler. These will probably cost around £1500 and give maybe 30BHP-50BHP (including boost increased to 0.8BAR).

After that you`ll be looking at a new steel turbo (£1000APPX) and then you`ll need a steel head gasket to bring down the compression. ECU will need upgrading to map the fuel for the bigger turbo.

You`ll probably get around 350BHP with all those mods and be looking at a bill of around £4000.

Steve

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Early (approx. pre Jan 1994) GTS25T's had steel internals in the turbo and are OK for boost up to .9bar, Later (approx. post Jan 1994) models have composite internals in the turbo and should be limited to .8bar boost or they will fail.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to you all for your help. The car has an HKS 2mm steel head gasket an HKS induction kit (green mushroom type) and a Nismo exhaust but still with standard cats. So I think I need a de-cat pipe and a electronic boost controler but I notice that not many of you seem to run these, why is that? also if I want a steel turbo and intercooler where do I go?

thanks again Alex

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
parts

it is good you have steel head gasket as can run more boost,contact dirk or japracer on forum as are hks suppilers
or go to www.sumopower.com for phone nos etc

lee

3,665 Posts
HKS

GTSM,

I am a HKS supplier as well carry the front pipes, de-kat pipes all 3 HKS exhaust systems on the shelf next day delivery if you require.
Give me a ring about the ECU we are HKS POWER WRITER DEALERS so we are able to supply and map on our new dyno
www.dynapack.com the latest F-CON S ecu up-grade.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts