GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had their car ventureshield protected? If so does the wing protection go all the way up to the headlight or is there a 3/4 inch gap. I personally think it looks shit and will be rejecting it. Anyone enlighten me on how it should look. ie all of wing to door shut and all the way up to the headlight? Or how mine currently looks?
cheers peeps

·
Registered
159 Posts
Because they use a 'pre-cut' pattern if you have mods done to your car it may not have taken these into consideration and therefore not covered it accordingly. I'd go back and have a good old moan. It can be removed and redone :) They can do custom films in your case

·
Registered
429 Posts
Isn't it just cut by the installer? So it will be however they have done it or thought it should be done.

Just like a wrap it could go to where you want.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi, as you may have read ive been researching this ventureshield for some time, trying to reach a decision as to have it fitted to my car,on my travels to look at cars with ventureshield fitted ive aquired a couple of small stone chips, but still cant make a firm choice to have it fitted!I travelled to Valet magic to see a black GTr being fitted last week and i must say that it was a much better job than cars id previously seen, the work being done by Steve from Paintguard working in conjunction with Robbie. From what ive seen and what you describe yours certainly is'nt correct, who done the fitting ???

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No modifications to arches, stuff was sent to installer, who does ventureshield pre cut ie kit. So I am wondering if the kit has been cut wrong before being despatched.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Anybody had their car ventureshield protected? If so does the wing protection go all the way up to the headlight or is there a 3/4 inch gap. I personally think it looks shit and will be rejecting it. Anyone enlighten me on how it should look. ie all of wing to door shut and all the way up to the headlight? Or how mine currently looks?
cheers peeps
You have 2 options.

1. 1/3rd wing tops which will see the film placed at the front of the wings and go to the top inline with the headlights.

2. Full wings top to bottom and nothing uncovered.

Have you got a pic???

Robbie

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You have 2 options.

1. 1/3rd wing tops which will see the film placed at the front of the wings and go to the top inline with the headlights.

2. Full wings top to bottom and nothing uncovered.

Have you got a pic???

Robbie
Monumental balls up! The stuff was applied by a Ventureshield approved installer and has now been removed. Cut lines bad, finger prints under the film some dust marks under the film and wing pieces incorrectly fitted and or supplied.
So I cant get it done properly here in NI it seems. Will be in Blackpool end of next week, any recommendations where I can get this done by someone who knows what they are doing at a sensible price?
cheers
Bob

·
Registered
196 Posts
I can't comment on the North but if you fancied a road trip down to Ascot go see Robbie (Magic guy) he did mine and no grumbles you hardly notice it.

A 'legitimate' excuse to go and drive - i've got a list i use for the wife

Please can anyone recommend anywhere in the North West of England?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts