GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fitting a single to4z to my gtr and need to make sure of what pipes l need and what pipes l can block off.( Please correct me if l am wrong)

The pipes in the picture are the ones located to the back of the block and a right bitch to get at, if l might add.

When trying to take this bleeding pipes off, l bent them, as l have heard almost everyone has.
So l have cut them were the bend was. (makes more room for my wastegate)

As far as l know, pipe (A) can be used as the single water return from my to4z.

Pipe (C) is the vacuum pipe that can be attached on to my tail wastegate.

But what is pipe (B) for, and can l block it off.

Any other suggestions as to what pipes are needed, or a better way of plumbing A pipe that l have not included, would be appreciated.

Keeping in mind that the setup l have is the old hks low mount.

The oil and water feed from the block has already been plumbed in, the diamond shape return oil flange to the bottom/rear of the block has also been plumbed in, the big oil return pipe to the front/bottom of the the block has been blocked off.

cheers.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone who has done a single conversion who can guide me, please.

cheers.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
B goes to the wastegate actuators & comes from the original control valve on the offside strut.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh dear!

just had the pipes made up, no bother, put your suggestion up anyway just incase another member my need it.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
B goes to the wastegate actuators & comes from the original control valve on the offside strut.
So, do l block off pipe 'C'

The tail 44mm wastegate has two banjo/unions, do l use both or block one of them off.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I would block the waterpipe off that runs along the back and the run one from the block and the other to the front of the engine on the nipple by the top rad hose. (where the standard pipe goes)

Boost wise I would what controler are you using? I would move to controler valve to the turbo side of the engine bay and tap into the turbo outlet for the pressure feed.

The tial wastegate will need a pressure feed to the side port and the end port runs to you boost contoler valve. If you do not run a feed to the side port it will have no boost control and make as much boost as it can!!

Richard

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
So, do l block off pipe 'C'

The tail 44mm wastegate has two banjo/unions, do l use both or block one of them off.
I think "C" just went to the induction pipe ( between AFM & turbo ) & just sucked fresh air. I attached a length of hose & blew down it to find where the other end was! I think (from memory) I just blanked off the vaccum pipe on the plenum & left "C" open. It all depends what type of actuator you have on the turbo.
Here's a link to the Profec B manual which explains the different types of actuator & how to plumb them in. :thumbsup:

http://www.alamomotorsports.com/greddy/PROFEC_B_SPEC2.pdf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts