GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I am new to the site and a proud new owner of a Black Edition, Black Sat Nav Edition R35 since last Friday! I still have my Audi S5 which is the best car I ever owned, until now!, but I want to make my R35 something special....sorry it already is something special.
Basically I need some help.....I am interested in things like parking sensors, speed trap detectors, paint jobs (heard the paintwork is appalling), body kits, exhaust mods etc etc but I just can't make head or tail of the hundreds of sites which list these things. What I would appreciate is you guys, from experience, letting me know what works and what looks good. This car is my dream and I want to make the most of it!!

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Welcome to the forum

first thing is there is no correct answer....

everybody has there own tastes

for me
midpipe
Cobb tuning
Carbotech 12 pads
bits of carbon

look in the other sections

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I've never changed anything before so I'm already getting a little lost!!
Whats going on at the Ace Cafe then? Is that somewhere to be on Saturday to investigate possibilities!?!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
First thing you need to decide is whether the Warranty is important to you in terms of exhaust and ECU mods.

After that there are plenty of threads on for example:
Rear Camera
4 Light conversion kit
Carbon Fibre galore
Body kits
Wheels
Laser Inteceptor 'parking sensors'
Trackers
etc

Enjoy the car! Black Black Ed - the choice of Champs :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
ace is the last GTROC meet of the year

you need to PM speed merchant if you are not a registered member

loads of cars will be there from 11am on sat

·
Registered
565 Posts
Welcome fktaylor,

As 1 of the guys has already pointed out you need to make the decision about warranty first, get that sorted in your head and then start off down the modding route like the rest of us.

It is really confusing, but it would also help if you could decide what you want to use the car for, if it is a daily driver then i suggest the following:

Y Pipe - Gets rid of 2 of the Centre Cats and makes the car sound like it should.

Cobb Access Port - Plug and "play" and boy you will certainly play......;) ECU mapping device, really painless and easy to use even for a techno biff like me.

Stage 2 map on the COBB will take the car from 480 to 535 BHP and your torque up to very healthy levels.

If you are happy with even more noise and not a daily driver but still in my opinion social acceptable - but i will let the lads who heard it at Millbrook comment - then go for a full Titanium Exhaust system.

From here you then need to think about Downpipes which delete the 2 remaining Cats at the Turbos and add even more noise.

From there you are looking at engine out and some more mods which will take the car to amazing levels:

Acctuators (Actually possible with the engine in but a real bitch)
Turbo Upgrades

If going for acctuators and Turbos then cooling for the trans and diff is really vital (Actually i am considering it with just full exhaust, y pipe and Cobb Mapping just for safety reasons and because i drive my car hard)

Willall in Australia do Trans cooling systems and Diff Collers, they also produce an uprated oil pan which allows more engine oil to be held helping cooling.

Speak to Ben at GTC 1st Post in.

He is one of the rare parts sellers who run their own GTR (And boy they run it hard!!!) and actually test stuff out.

Carbon be VERY careful.

There is some real tatt out there, make sure anything you are getting is proper Pre Preg carbon but watch prices especially from Japan and the States, the parts really seem to be inflated.

Welcome and enjoy your beast.

Quick point just to be aware of and i hope this does not come across wrong, enjoy the car first standard for a few months, get the 1200 mile service done and then embark on modding the car - it will want to wheelspin in 2nd and 3rd after a re-map to Stage 2 using the Cobb and is a different car.

The Cobb stuff is improving BY THE DAY, Thistle here on GTROC is the man making some amazing improvements including Knock Control and Boost control using RPM, check out some of the threads, use the search facility and bring yourself up to speed, i have given you a few areas above to think about.

Drive the car like you stole it, and keep her rubber side down..............;)

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
565 Posts
Scotty b you should start your own r35 helpline, didnt ask the question but got a brill answer. Ta.
No Problems mate,

That is what the forum is all about.

I had exactly the same questions and concerns a few months ago when i got my car.

Every day is a school day......;)

Regards

ScottyB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts