GTR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone...

I have just bought a R34 Gtr a week ago and now just had a nismo Z-Tune bodykit installed. The problem is now my existing 18inch ,offset+18 work emotion xd-9 wheels look as if it is sitting inside the arch of the car:mad: . This is because the z-tune kit is about 1 inch wider than the original bumper. Now... the dilema is .. shall i get a spacer for my wheels and if i do .. how many mm width of spacer shall i go for.
And the other alternative is .. i am thinking of getting a set of new 19 inch work meister s1 wheel. but i dont know what off-set to go for..since now the front is about an inch wider and the rear is about 10mm wider. And the main importance is i dont want to mess up with the handling and turning radious of the car...
Has anyone of you had similar problem. Your advise are very very very much appreciated....!! thank you !! :clap:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Just a word of warning with the rear arches, if these are the Nismo stick on ones

Don't try and get the wheel to sit flush with this new arch, as you'll just catch the inner lip of the existing metal arch, due to the new arch just being stuck on, if you get what i mean.

For the rears i'd stick with the same offset and size.

As for the fronts if you reckon the Z-Tune wings are 1" wider, then that means you need around +10-12mm per wheel to make the wheels sit flush(ish) with the Z-Tune wings.

I guess you can determine what offset will be needed after you have seen what size and offset wheels are on the car currently.

Oh yeh and post some pics up.... ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts