GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just imported a R33 GTS4 (non-turbo RB25DE with 4WD) a few weeks ago, and I have only bee able to get about 10-11 miles per gallon out of it through normal commuter driving. On the motorway it improves slightly to about 14 mpg. It is an automatic but with manual RB25DET's giving 22 mpg an automatic RB25DE should have slightly better if not the same fuel economy. The engine sounds ok and the car seems to behaving itself, any ideas?

I am taking the car down to Abbey Motorsports in two weeks time (that's when they have got a free appointment :-( for a general check up, just wondering if it's worth it to fit the ECU (Engine Control Unit?) they advertise on their website to a non-turbo Skyline?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Min

·
Registered
997 Posts
Fuel consumption

Hi,
You must have a BIG right foot or your "baby" needs a tune-up.
Let us all know how you get on as all Skyline info is important.

My R33 never gets more than 160miles per tank full & as I have posted before 64miles per tank full at Bruntingthorpe going for the magic 200mph runs.

Post again & why not come on down to Dyno-Day 2 in October at Tunning Japanese in Surrey,Skylines welcome.

Henry.:smokin:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi henry,

Thanks for the reply. I have been VERY gentle on the car after drving back from the importeing agent in Leeds to Cambridge, a journey about 110 miles on motorway driving yet it took three-quarters of a tank :confused:
Just to add insult to injury, I had a new set of tyres changed (the old set from Japan on had a top speed limit of 99mph and would have failed SVA) on the same day and the helpful guys at the garage did a free wheel balancing for me :mad: , and the car has not felt right ever since.

Anyway, where can I find out more info on the Dyno-day meeting?

min

·
Registered
506 Posts
Dyno Day 2

Min,

You'll find details of the Dyno day under the 'Meetings' folder. The thread is entitled 'Dyno day 2' and is about half way down the page. Look for the thread with 4 stars.

I know theres a fancy way of posting a link here but I'm too stupid for that:eek:

HTH:) :)

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Dyno Day

Min
Come along we are quite a respectable bunch really and will talk Skylines all day.
You might pick up some good info ann I am sure there will be tea and biscuits on tap.
Best regards and see you there :D :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, sound great and hopefully my (great grip but no power) baby should have been sorted out by then. Now just need to check with the girlfriend to see if she's got any plans on that day (she'll probably make something up anyway :( )

Min

1 - 6 of 6 Posts