GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help?

Right i have had some past credit problems from when i was a student... I have recently tried to get a loan for a nice car that i have seen and been refused... :(

I ordered my credit report from Equifax and Experian and have found some of the stuff that was making it a problem... The thing that has really annoyed me is that there are a few problems that were sorted over a year ago... and should have been marked as satisfied/cleared but have not... :confused:

All my latest credit/bills (Ie mobile, creditcard and bank account)etc have all had a very good run for over a year and even more better as i have got a new job and am making more money...

Has anyone had any experience with this kind of problem?

I have heard there are companys that can help you clear any problems off your credit report any idea? Or are they abit dodgy?

Does anyone know of any loans companys that take into account of income/current credit not past problems? Oh and that do not charge an massive amount of interest...!

Maybe a little too much information but if it can get someone to help me get a nice car its worthwhile...

;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
U could get hire purchase on the car, don't go by such a big points margins as loan companys do and are more lax. But then they can be as the car is there until you pay the last 1p.

Miss a payment or 2 and they have your car, its one to think of if u know u can afford the payments etc.

·
Registered
832 Posts
ZXSpectrum said:
as i have got a new job
and there lies the problem! How long have you been in your new job? If it's a few months or so then you can foget about a loan for a while I'm afraid. Credit companies like stabilty and you have to show you are.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Seeing as I work for a large credit card company, and know exactly the criteria we use from them 2 agencys to assess credit worthiness I may be able to help. Its late and im off to bed so Ill PM you something tommorow when I can be bothered to type it (ie awake).

It wont be specific to your situation, but might be usefull.

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
865 Posts
Lolly here

Firstly you need write letters to experian explaining any discrepanicies in your credit printout. IE a default on a loan from years ago that is now paid off and such things alike.

Take your credit printouts to the citizens advice bureau, they will help you write these letters and they are they best people to help you with it as they know exactly what to write.

You then need to make sure that you DO NOT keep applying for credit cards and loans and other credit facilities. Every credit check you have made ie for a loan, is all recorded by experian and can go against you if you keep getting refused, many people make this mistake and keep reapplying for things.

Are you on the electoral register?

Your new job, having been there for not that long a time the credit comapnies will count this against you.

Your bank account, although a lot of people run their accounts in their overdrafts, this will go against you a lot. If on the day in question when your credit check is run, your account is overdrawn (even within an agreed overdraft limit) this again will count against you.

To repair any bad credit history you need to make sure every bill is paid on time for at leat a year

I cant really remember much more but hope the information helped

Lolly

·
Registered
186 Posts
Awesone credit rating

One of the best ways to boost your rating...
Get a credit card (small limit is fine £500) and when one of your mates wants to buy something from courts/comet/wherever get the cash and use your card.
After a while 3-6 months, you will be able to start getting small 0% interest loans from these places, get a PS2 on credit and get the cash and pay it into a dedicated bank account ( no imediate access) then set up the credit line with that account.

This helps even if you have a good rating, if 0% is available, and it's a good deal ;], then get the credit.

Phil

·
Registered
515 Posts
Uganda

I know someone in Uganda that will give you a death certificate and say you were killed by a hippo and that your body couldn't be fully identified ;) Then you can come back incognito and take the identity of someone else....If it means you can get a GTR DO IT!!!!!!!!!! :D

"Hello, can I have the number for the St. Katherines House, Registra's Office please"

You want safe house too?

James

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers guys for all your help...

Lee & Weston

You got PM... Thanx guys...

Driftaholic... ill leave that to last resort...;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts