GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i have an R32 GTR which im wrecking.
i have removed all the electronics from under the rear parcel shelf and ive taken the loom from the boot right up to the drivers foot well where it joins into the mail loom with the bolt-together connector. i have also removed the "G" sensor.
what i want to know is, what other important elcectrical gizmos do i need to remove that are to do with the 4WD, 4WS system?
ive seen that photo which has the loom spread out on a table and all the bits labeled, i have all but the one marked fuel ( dont know where this is ).
what else do i need?
thanks,
sheepers.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The picture you have seen is the rear part of my loom.

Have you got the loom out of the car ? If you can it is much easier, I have even taken out all the lights, wipers.

Are you trying to remove the electronic 4WD and 4WS ?

I just removed everything, except the 4WD, and the engine loom.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, ive got the loom out up to the dashboard.
its when i got to the dash that i had no idea which bits were important for the 4WD,4WS and which bits were just indicators etc.
is there anything in the front of the car that i should hang on to.
ive got the pump off the top of the diff and i also have the abs unit out of the engine bay, i have all the hydrolic lines and valves from under the car.
what else do i need?
p.s. thanks for you help.
sheepers.

·
Registered
257 Posts
When I did it, I removed all the lights, including the dash bored and inertia lights, the horn, literally everything.

Before you go mad, ask yourself what are you tying to achieve ? I needed to keep the engine loom, ignition and 4WD systems, everything else has been cut away from that.

It becomes much much easier when you remove the front loom as well, this is even bigger ! You will have to separate the wires out from the grey sticky she ite where it passes through the bulk head.

I spent several hours removing all the coverings, and spread it all out, labelled and marked every end.

I am currently in the process of removing the ABS unit, using an Australian forum thread, as you have to connect up a couple of wires in order to continue the signal from the wheel sensors to the 4WD/ABS ECU to keep the 4WD system. However if you are doing away with this, you can simply cut it out.

The most important thing, is to remove the system completely. Half a remaining system, will give you faults, shorts and problems for ever and a day.

I hope this helps, take your time, and be sure. It took me about 3 days to do 95% of it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
BTW, becarefull with the G sensor, they are quite delicate.

On the off chance you brake it do not touch the mercury, its poisonous !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers for that.
the g sensor is fine and safely stored in a box out of harms way.
ive got pretty much the whole electrical system, what a mission!!!
cheers,
sheepers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts