GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just purchased an R32 GTR to turn into a track car, whilst removing the air con unit to save weight we noticed the small what looks like an airbox in front of the passengers wheel.
I'm trying to figure out the purpose of this as I can see an outlet that would feed the airfilters, but there's absolutely no inlet to feed air into this box?

We've pulled the whole unit out, but then I started to have second thoughts about whether it was beneficial or not.
As we're on the weight saving mission, if this part is not needed we'll scrap it.

Any help would be appreciated,

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Hi mate,

I'm also talking apart my BNR32 at the moment and removed everything unnecssary (complete AC, HICAS, Bov recirculation,...), but I didn't come across this part...

... but it looks like a kind of noise reduction box to me (had something similar built in my old DC2). As my car came with a HKS suction fitted, I guess the previous owner has already removed this part.

In other words, scrap it :D

HTH,

Leo

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
but it looks like a kind of noise reduction box to meo
Correct.
The top part of that system draws in cold air from behind the headlight (to the airbox/pods), and if you take of the box, you can fit a snorkel and get a cai feed into the engine bay (if your not running an oil cooler there)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Isn't it called a resonator box? Most modern cars come with one or two of these fitted to try and reduce induction noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts