GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im looking to buy a 2008 jap inported gtr 34,000 its been stage 2 tuned carried out buy litchfield miltek y pipe and a 2013 gearbox software upgrade , i took it for a test drive today its fantastic but on tick over its making a tapping sound ?? can anyone assist me the car is on autotrader in bedfordshire uk

cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh ok , it wouldnt be bearings or anything like that ?? i just dont want to buy a pig ! are there any tell tail signs to look for or are pretty bullit proof

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Maybe worth contacting litchfields and asking about the tune/condition of the car (depending on when it was tuned), or even if they could give it the once over before buying, if the current owner is willing to do so.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah thats not a bad idea mate i will give them a call tomorrow see what they say thanks for yr help

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
I'm not far from Beds, (MK), would you like me to have a ride over and give a second opinion?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi mate if you could do that it would be a great help and put my mind at ease, what about the launch control and the r button how would u know if all is ok there ???

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
Do you want to meet up and we can have a look over it? I'll bring my Ecutek cable and check what fault codes have been logged. Ring Iain and check with him re the tuning and services, it is unlikely to be running 630bhp on a stage two. My mobile is 07889782532 if you want to contact me.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
This is why car clubs and forums are so good,
Always help at had and some times a bit of sarcasm thrown in.None this time but there will be at some point,:D

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Ok, well 630bhp on an import is more like a stage 4 on its absolute limit (on road fuel). Sounds like some poetic license being applied there.

Stage 2 is more like 590. Worth trying to find out how long ago it was done as ecutek advances have been enormous since the early days.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts