GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a wiring diagram or know how to fit a new stereo, into an R32????? Got it working but the Climate controls gone all strange and the stereo keeps flicking on and off on the accessory wire. PLUS I cant seem to get any of the speakers to work either!!!!!

ARRRRGGHHHHH!!!!!

Its never simple is it??????

HELP ME OUT!!!!!!

PLEASE !!!!!

Si

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
How did you buy that thing from? Loo Sypher? lol

I think it's cursed!

As for wiring diargrams..not a bloody clue. Sorry.

Rob

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Draxx... how did you wire in the stereo??? if you bought an ISO connector you should have just plugged that into the loom and the back of the stereo and all would be good in the world... bit if your ramdomly taping wires together, god help you!!!!

if me car wasnt at the garage, id drag the head out and see what the wires do...

if you are having a proper electrical problem and no sound is coming out of the thing... it could be an idea to get a shop to fit the stereo... round these parts its only £25... here is a photo of one of my mates cars... he had been having problems with his radio... (which they had fitted earlier on in the day) this was a few years back now!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,939 Posts
the skylines have no ISO connector. I had to buy one to wire in when I did Jacqui's.

it should all be fairly straight forward, red is constant 12v+ black is Ground (although the unit wouldn't work until the arial lead was connected??) Yellow is switched 12v+

speaker wires should be in pairs of colours with one of them having a black stripe - from memory there will be grey, green, purple and white. the wire with the black stripe is negative.

if none of this is sounding at all familair why not take a few piccys and I'll see if I can figure anything out from that, alternatively I can have a look on thursday night at derby, let me know though so I can bring some tools.

Simon

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
One thing

Nissan's have a black earth wire and when the lights are switched on as well as a couple of other things it turns into a positive wire a shorts everything and does a fuse.

RonS in the man to ask, he is a sparks.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Like the birthday boy said you need to buzz out your wires with the ignition off, on and then on with your lights on. I accidentally used the illuminate wire feed for the earth and kept getting sparks.

bright colours on my 33 tended to be power, yellow red or orange, black is usually earth, get a battery (up to 9v) and use this on suspected speaker wires you will hear a small pop when you get the pair, this will also allow you to work out which is which before you have balance problems and front to back speakers.

another good tip is to buy an iso connector and cut off the loom end, this has all of the wire names written on it so you won't have to try and work out what is coming from the stereo end of it all..

good luck.

Steve

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the Head unit Working without any Shorts!!!!

I did what Dirk said and was connecting the earth to the Illumination Lead!!!!! DUMBASS!!!! Yes go on the you can all laugh, I dont mind!!!

HERE IS THE PROBLEM NOW!!!

The R32 has an amp in the back, and according to Rod i have to bypass this, he cant remember how, and I know a few R32ers have changed there stereos, ANY IDEAs????

Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Draxx said:
...I did what Dirk said and was connecting the earth to the Illumination Lead!!!!! DUMBASS!!!! Yes go on the you can all laugh, I dont mind!!!
*snigger*

I have all this to look forward too so I'm taking notes :D

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I got my ISO connector from halfords... its the same one thats used across the whole nissan range... :) just clipped right in and worked!

as for by passing the little amp (which is the tuna fish tin under the parcel shelf) i just ran some dirty great power lead from the battery and some phonos from the head unit and put a decent amp in the boot...

·
Registered
805 Posts
Help on the way

Draxx,

I maybe a 'sparks' but car electrics are just a much a mystry to me as most others, without a detailed wiring diagram it's a minefield... however help is coming :), I hope to post some info on my site about fitting stereos to Skylines soon...

I received this mail on 9/8/02, from an owner who said...."finally got my hands on a digital camera a few days ago. The "stereo" article is written, just need to stick the pictures into it, hope to do it in the next few days"

RonS

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers Ron, let us all know when its ready will ya matey!!!

Thanks u lot!!

SI:D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts