GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

going through the gears (7000rpm) at 1.2bar on 2530s, i get a hesitation in 5th, at which point i backed off but tried it again and it did the same, it seems to go through the other gears fine (obviously shorter time spent there), but accerlerating in 5th produces it.

I'm guessing/hoping its plugs as i'm running 7s and have a set of 8s to go in but if it was could someone explain why? and if it isn't any other ideas.

Its a GTR with UK mapped FconSZ.

THanks

·
Registered
449 Posts
Speed limiter is at 180MPH if you have a KPH to MPH convertor, could it be that? 7000 RPM in 5th must be close to that speed.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its been derestricted by the jap ecu & also has a 320kmh clock, so its not that and i wasn't going that quick!, more like 140+ after a little time after changing from 4th(near redline) to 5th.

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Really sounds like plugs or iffy coil pack ,thats what will show up under high load .Put in new plugs and wrap your coil packs ,common problem.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had the same problem at high revs.Now its doing it at low and mid revs. I changed the plugs/wrapped the packs and its still doing it. I believe its a coilpack problem.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now solved, changed the plugs from a '7' to an '8' a while back and it hasn't happed again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts